Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota assistance

Sealiedog

Do Toyota contact us when the breakdown cover on a new car runs out? I believe it's a year they give you free , but my year's just passed and I've had no contact from anybody.

They always send me a reminder well in advance, but there's always the possibility it's gotten lost in the post or something... you can call them to renew anyway if you want to continue it tho'!

The dealer usually sticks a card in the windscreen with the number, and it should be on the main toyota website somewhere in the owner section.

• Like 1

I heard nothing after twelve months too. Decided to use a competitor at half the price. 

I had the reminder in the post..

Which? Recommended Providers for 2022, based on customer feedback from 8,000 customers who used breakdown assistance were:

Toyota Roadside Assistance (86% Which? score)

Start Rescue (76%)

The AA (75%)

Customer ratings, arrival at scene within an hour, and ability to repair at roadside were factors in the recommendations.

• Like 1

Yeah they aren't the cheapest by a long shot - I think it was catlover who uses a different style of breakdown service, where the company gets a third-party local firm nearest to your location to 'rescue' you and they are paid by the breakdown service, instead of a uniform branded team like what AA/RAC/Greenflag etc. have, and these are usually cheaper.

1 hour ago, Sealiedog said:

Do Toyota contact us when the breakdown cover on a new car runs out? I believe it's a year they give you free , but my year's just passed and I've had no contact from anybody.

I had a letter this morning Richard, mine registered May 2021.

I decided to go for it, £76 for year.

3 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah they aren't the cheapest by a long shot - I think it was catlover who uses a different style of breakdown service, where the company gets a third-party local firm nearest to your location to 'rescue' you and they are paid by the breakdown service, instead of a uniform branded team like what AA/RAC/Greenflag etc. have, and these are usually cheaper.

I used one like that years ago, they were called Autoaid if I remember correctly. I've got a quote from Green flag for £38, I might go with that. I'm not expecting to use it unless I have a puncture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

I had a letter this morning Richard, mine registered May 2021.

I decided to go for it, £76 for year.

Mine was registered late April so I guess they've missed me out.

10 hours ago, Sealiedog said:

Mine was registered late April so I guess they've missed me out.

May have got lost in the post or binned by mistake as it looks a bit like junk mail Richard.

Basically tells you to go online to         https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance for your quote.

When you enter your vehicle registration details it captures your information for the renewal 👍