Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oil level

fourbanks

I'm picking my new 1.8 next week, hopefully, and am just wondering how much oil if any the corolla consumes a year. My current Mazda burns nothing over my yearly 5000 miles of driving 

For the first 100k miles should be no oil consumption at all. Then after may start to consume a bit 0.5-1ltr per 10k miles. After 200k miles it may consume between 1-1.5ltr per 10k miles. Stick with regular oil changes and only check oil level regularly. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

For the first 100k miles should be no oil consumption at all. Then after may start to consume a bit 0.5-1ltr per 10k miles. After 200k miles it may consume between 1-1.5ltr per 10k miles. Stick with regular oil changes and only check oil level regularly. 

Thanks, Tony, that's good to hear 🙂 

Change the oil every 5k miles and don't push it too hard and it might never burn oil.

38 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

Change the oil every 5k miles and don't push it too hard and it might never burn oil.

I only average 5000 miles, so that's good to hear. 

I don’t think there is a need to change oil more often than what Toyota recommends 12 months or 10k miles. I had been following this ever since and the car never needed to top up oil even driven in extreme temperatures 40c° on a long motorway journeys. After it reached 130k miles the car started to use some oil in between changes (4-5 oil changes per year), and oil consumption tend to be higher in the winter because during cold nights I keep the car in ready mode for heating purposes. Now I am approaching my next service at 210k miles and so far I added 1.4 ltr. Will see how the consumption it will be in the next 2-3 months before my next oil change. Been using previously new Priuses and non of them ever needed an oil top up. 👍