Do Not Sell My Personal Information

corolla discount

fourbanks

Would anyone know if a £4000 discount off my new GR sport 1.8 was a good deal or not or just average? 

i thin its a very good deal, especially if its from the dealer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

i thin its a very good deal, especially if its from the dealer

Thanks 🙂 

It's a good deal, especially now the price has gone up again! I know it's not the 1.8, but I looked at the config yesterday, and the price of a 2.0 GR Sport TS has gone up to £34k, that's £2k difference for when I placed my order!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Notfer said:

It's a good deal, especially now the price has gone up again! I know it's not the 1.8, but I looked at the config yesterday, and the price of a 2.0 GR Sport TS has gone up to £34k, that's £2k difference for when I placed my order!

i paid £26000 for the 1.8 ordered in early February 

• Like 1

How did you get that discount? Can you please share more details how to get a good discount, where did you purchased from, who offers best deal etc? More comments on that from everyone much appreciate it. Thanks 🙏 

Just now, TonyHSD said:

How did you get that discount? Can you please share more details how to get a good discount, where did you purchased from, who offers best deal etc? More comments on that from everyone much appreciate it. Thanks 🙏 

Hi Tony 

my dealer matched the UK discount price at the time of ordering. He has not authorized me at this time to give out any details as to what offers are available from time to time, but I will continue to see what deals I can get for the members of this forum. It may have just been for me and me alone, as my other local Toyota dealer said no to the offer. 3 years ago before I purchased my current car, the Mazda cx3 that dealer said no also whereas the Mazda dealer said yes also giving me a £4000 discount, so you can see it does vary on how you approach the dealer. I normally go for the Colombo approach, but met my wife with a bond approach (roger Moore) 

I normally fit in well as I look the part but come across very professional and have worldwide solid contacts which in this instance may have helped with the discount? 

As the dealer said(where you been all my life) 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i will let you know more once iv'e taken delivery of my car and get to build up a more active relationship with the dealer 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

You might want to check carwow where dealers bid for the your order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Yes, this is what I did and my local dealer pretty much matched it. The carwow discount was approx. 14.5% including the Toyota finance contribution. 

• Thanks 1

Strictly speaking, mine cost £28k - so a £4K discount - my dealer matched and bettered CarWow's quotes. But without the discounts the car should have been £32k, so again its still gone up £2k regardless of dealer discounts, and the omission now of the 0% deals too

• Like 1

Thank you all 👌👍

I did checked carwow and max I can get is around £3500 for Corolla GR TS, design has lower discount of max £2400. Prices are crazy these days. 👍 

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Thank you all 👌👍

I did checked carwow and max I can get is around £3500 for Corolla GR TS, design has lower discount of max £2400. Prices are crazy these days. 👍 

Keep checking Carwow though as the discounts can change. My local dealer wasn’t very competitive on the initial enquiry but just before Christmas they updated the offer to 14.3%. Since the price rises the discount now works out to just over 18%. Over £6000 off! 

• Like 2

If you aren’t part-exing try ‘drive the deal’ - they often have the biggest discounts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray86 said:

If you aren’t part-exing try ‘drive the deal’ - they often have the biggest discounts

When i was looking to buy, i couldn't find them doing Toyota cars. They were doing mostly European particularly VAG vehicles. 

• Like 1

I got nearly £4K off my 2.0 GR. Ordered start of April. They actually bettered the Car Wow discount too. 

• Like 2

I got £3750 off a metallic 1.8 Icon Tech which I don’t think is too bad, considering they have me a good price on my p/x (£500 more than WBAC) and are also promising to hold the P/X price until the car arrives (due September).

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Spo2 said:

Exactly this, I was reasonably happy with the deal I was getting from my dealer but I stuck my details into Carwow and although the dealer had knocked a grand off without me really pushing they matched the Carwow discount so I got £4500 off list price incl the Toyota deposit contribution.

• Like 1

If people can wait until winter, it's always better to purchase a car in January, usually dealers have to meet sale figures or tax collections...

With these crazy markets, who knows, but that's usually the case!

In late January we bought a new car for a cheaper price than a used car with 20,000 km on the odometer. Why? Who knows!

19 hours ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

If people can wait until winter, it's always better to purchase a car in January, usually dealers have to meet sale figures or tax collections...

With these crazy markets, who knows, but that's usually the case!

In late January we bought a new car for a cheaper price than a used car with 20,000 km on the odometer. Why? Who knows!

In the UK sales figures for new cars are usually quarterly so deals are March, June September & December are when there are deals, but that really only makes a difference if the car is physically in stock as the bonuses are based on registration date, not order date.

• Like 3

Got great deals on my last two cars by buying in December. I think that is a natural quiet time for trade in most industries.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, fourbanks said:

Would anyone know if a £4000 discount off my new GR sport 1.8 was a good deal or not or just average? 

I managed to get £4600 off list for mine and what I thought was a good part ex valuation when I ordered back in August last year

7 minutes ago, Bozz said:

I managed to get £4600 off list for mine and what I thought was a good part ex valuation when I ordered back in August last year

That was good. If my memory serves me well, that was the going discount on the UK discount car website at the time 

• Thanks 1

If anyone has a Defence Discount Card or Blue Light Card it's worth looking at their site for comparison purposes.  They offer special deals to current and ex forces/emergency service workers via various suppliers (example below).

image.thumb.png.721cc91576d73dfbec20734a94e431b6.png

• Like 1

For serving and ex forces here are a few examples from Forces Cars Direct:

image.thumb.png.b1515bb8ab83ac845813a61c2e71f4d3.png

image.thumb.png.279f4f5dfde1a395dd38067cd57723d6.png