Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 hybrid engine corrosion spots

Smani

Not much you can say but that it’s sad, really sad.

• Like 1

Shame about the "service" you received or rather did not.

I am starting to think if all dealer employees are pathological liars,or is it some other motivation.

Maybe pressure to just make a living,a pretty poor way of making a living by lying to, and deceiving customers though.

I would far sooner a dealer or garage said "look,we can't really be bothered to do a good job on your car,all we are interested in is faffing about a bit and charging you £100+ per hour for our incompetence"

You know where you stand then.🤗

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smani said:

Hi all,

Just a follow up:

I mentioned before that the car would go back to dealer to get the valeting, replace the boot scuff plate and glue the side protector back in place as it was coming off.  They "forgot" on delivery and after my complain they said would do it as soon as possible.

Well, dropped the car last Wednesday (let's name them now: Toyota Marshall Horsham) and salesman was waiting for me with a courtesy car key in hands, a nice new corolla GR sport hybrid. (Good fun driving it).

He said: "I booked your car for an 'intensive valeting'  and I've got your new scuff plate to replace it".

When back for collection at the end of the day, he came to me saying the scuff plate was a hard work, because someone used glue on top of the 3M tape, they had to use solvent, managed to keep the paintwork intact, bla, bla, bla...Then said they had to leave the car on with heating to dry the seats as they had to use too much shampoo to clean the seats, but still could be slightly wet, bla, bla, bla.

It was raining, so could not see much details, but immediately saw that the seats were not even touched.  The car was vacuumed without even removing the carpets, all dirty underneath.

Today, the only time I had to look into the other "work" the boot scuff plate has not been replaced at all. it was re-glued again and the old glue can be seem at the edges. (it will come off again!).

The side protector was also glued again but still has a gap that will allow water ingress and start to come off at some point.

With that in mind, plus the fact they messed up the service log book inserting wrong number plate and different version of the car, I was willing to return it and buy somewhere else, not because I am not happy with the car, but because I am sick tired of lies and lies everywhere.  Just realised only a few dealers offer 30 days return. Toyota Marshall Horsham only offer 14 days, which has gone.

TOYOTA MARSHALL HORSHAM.  Another business that I should steer away.  Just hope the car is reliable as I expected without any worries about the aesthetics. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 6.57.31 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 6.57.31 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 6.57.31 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 6.57.31 PM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 6.57.31 PM.jpeg

That's my dealer. I'm sure the manager nick will give you your money back if not satisfied. They operate very strictly with long term staff in the main, and what you're describing is most odd from this dealer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smani said:

Just realised only a few dealers offer 30 days return. Toyota Marshall Horsham only offer 14 days, which has gone.

Not sure what you mean here - 30 days is literally THE LAW (The law being the Consumer Rights Act 2015).

As in, any fault that wasn't disclosed to you by the dealer that crops up after the sale means you can reject the car for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

After that, you have 6 months to report the fault to the dealer and they have to be allowed at least one chance to fix it - If they can't or won't then they have to give you refund minus a 'usage fee', usually equivalent to car rental for that period.

And this is all in addition to any warranty that might be active on the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

That's my dealer. I'm sure the manager nick will give you your money back if not satisfied. They operate very strictly with long term staff in the main, and what you're describing is most odd from this dealer. 

Hi Nick, 

Yes, he was very receptive when I turned up first time with the odd service log book. He promptly printed out all the electronically recorded service for the car to compare mileage and dates. It was all confirmed (obvsiouly I had called the previous garages where the car came from before).   

The salesman was very communicative, seemed to be open for negotiating my part exchange and do a bit extra for the sale and I really liked him, but why on Earth lie???  Just tell the true for goodness sake. 

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Not sure what you mean here - 30 days is literally THE LAW (The law being the Consumer Rights Act 2015).

As in, any fault that wasn't disclosed to you by the dealer that crops up after the sale means you can reject the car for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

After that, you have 6 months to report the fault to the dealer and they have to be allowed at least one chance to fix it - If they can't or won't then they have to give you refund minus a 'usage fee', usually equivalent to car rental for that period.

And this is all in addition to any warranty that might be active on the car.

I have read that it depends on the business policy? 🤔 I will search again from other sources and if so, their one chance to fix it was already spent.

I did my best to build a good relationship with the intention to keep the car serviced by them and even suggested to bring a family member who is looking for an used car.  Just so disappointed, not totally with the car, more with the lies.😢

No, the 30 days and 6 month thing is the law and that trumps whatever policy they have. It applies to any car, used or new, bought from a dealer (Which is why I tend to avoid buying privately or from auctions, even tho' it can be cheaper, as you get almost no rights if something is wrong with the car!)

https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights

https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-legal-rights-if-something-goes-wrong-with-your-car/

and if you want the Official (and very very long!) version:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Smani said:

Hi Nick, 

Yes, he was very receptive when I turned up first time with the odd service log book. He promptly printed out all the electronically recorded service for the car to compare mileage and dates. It was all confirmed (obvsiouly I had called the previous garages where the car came from before).   

The salesman was very communicative, seemed to be open for negotiating my part exchange and do a bit extra for the sale and I really liked him, but why on Earth lie???  Just tell the true for goodness sake. 

i think the correct way forward is to get your money back within the 30 days and move on. My 50 years of driving has led me to believe that a garage only does the basic parts to be fitted and that's all.  Rust etc is well out of their league and in general a head office showing no support to the dealer. Car dealers like insurance providers are OK at the start perfect but on a claim goodbye and that's been true since the early seventies 

therefore, you must stick to the letter of the law and move on to reject the goods.

(For a used car, “satisfactory quality” takes into account the car's age and mileage.) You have a right to reject something faulty and you're entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase in most cases. After 30 days, you lose the short-term right to reject the goods.

• Like 3

I can't comment too much as i like my dealer in Horsham, but you only ever get to know the dealer properly and this goes for all dealers when something goes wrong and in general the customer gets a bad deal 

I'm classed as a picky customer (not good) as I'm well versed and know all sorts of people in high places but come across friendly and chatty but i leave the feeling (don't muck me about) and i think that's the best way forward. You can't be their friend that would never work, you need to be skilled in detachment and above all else know the law as that's key in the long run 

• Like 3

Hi all,

A follow up:  As I was seriously considering returning the car and buying somewhere else purely because of the lies that annoyed me so much,  looked around and blimey! prices gone up already (I am talking used ones). Can't find anything like what I have with similar mileage for at least £1,5K more.

Well, as mentioned, I liked the car so will get a valeting myself and will keep it.  Just a shame this specific dealership lost me and possibly a family member that I said would take there to buy her car.

Buying service package somewhere else too.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Smani said:

Hi all,

A follow up:  As I was seriously considering returning the car and buying somewhere else purely because of the lies that annoyed me so much,  looked around and blimey! prices gone up already (I am talking used ones). Can't find anything like what I have with similar mileage for at least £1,5K more.

Well, as mentioned, I liked the car so will get a valeting myself and will keep it.  Just a shame this specific dealership lost me and possibly a family member that I said would take there to buy her car.

Buying service package somewhere else too.

Stick with Horsham and just stick with martin 

On 5/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, fourbanks said:

Stick with Horsham and just stick with martin 

Who's Martin?

Only ones I know there are Andrew Ellis (sales) and lovely Talulah.

9 hours ago, Smani said:

Who's Martin?

Only ones I know there are Andrew Ellis (sales) and lovely Talulah.

Martin is in sales also 

Just a thought after reading this thread. Would it not be better to have a meeting with all the parties you have dealt with and explain your feelings and how they have left you feeling let down. It will also give the opportunity for you to set some ground rules on you expectations from any future business with the I.e. servicing. A meeting such as this can be very powerful to the customer however it has to be constructive by the use of facts and done with skill, care and above all the ability to stand your ground to ensure they know where they stand in the future.

I did this with a dealer a few years ago and after they were very honest and reliable, that particular case ended up with one bad Apple (who was sacked) having a significant  effect on their reputation.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:01 AM, Firecycle said:

Just a thought after reading this thread. Would it not be better to have a meeting with all the parties you have dealt with and explain your feelings and how they have left you feeling let down. It will also give the opportunity for you to set some ground rules on you expectations from any future business with the I.e. servicing. A meeting such as this can be very powerful to the customer however it has to be constructive by the use of facts and done with skill, care and above all the ability to stand your ground to ensure they know where they stand in the future.

I did this with a dealer a few years ago and after they were very honest and reliable, that particular case ended up with one bad apple (who was sacked) having a significant  effect on their reputation.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the idea, which I am seriously considering after your example.  Just need to cool down a bit more. My Italian blood still boiling atm, means I am still unable to have any constructive and reasonable conversation.  But it will happen, thanks again.

• Thanks 1