Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric external Aygò, 108 and C1 mirrors

Umberto70

Hello everyone,

is it possible to put electric mirrors on a car that does not have them from the factory?
My car already has the wiring for the mirror controls at the bottom of the dashboard behind a plastic cap,

but it doesn't have the wiring cables in the left and right  doors.

Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, where to buy cables?

NB: I've already bought the mirrors control panel.

Thanks

Check and see if the plug is not taped to the door loom - 3 wires for the mirror adjust and 2 for the heated mirrors

can you take a pic of the plug on the new mirror

edit. it's a 5 pin plug

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, as soon as possibile I’ll remove the internal door panel, I’ll check if I have the plug taped ti the door loom. Sure there is the wiring of the control panel of the electric mirrors.  Do you know if, in addition to the wiring, the system also needs a control unit?

iirc the aygo uses a 9 pin plug nothing extra need the switch does it all, you may find it's in the dash wiring down to the connector in the foot well but it's not in the door

I also think it's in the dash wiring but it's not in the door.  I bought an aygo switch on eBay and it fits perfectly in the my Peugeot 108 connettor. Do you have a wiring  diagram for the extrnal mirror?

Thanks for now. 
I'll do some checks and then let you know.

I'm also looking at retro-fitting the electric mirrors.

Did you find the mirror connectors in the doors or elsewhere ?

The connector is there fitted to a blanking panel....

IMG_20220510_190708.thumb.jpg.a264290381b26fcebb2d23237b7fa12b.jpg

The door looms connect at the connectors in the driver and passenger footwells, see the above pdf

I only removed the push button of the electric windows to check the mirror wiring  but it seems that it is not there (See photo). As soon as possible I'll remove the door panel for a complete check. For sure I have the wiring of the control panel of the electric mirror adjustment like TachFreak and I have already bought and connected the mirror adjustment control. If there is no wiring, do you think is it possible to add it?

Schermata 2022-05-10 alle 22.49.04.png

Umberto....if you watch the video below you'll see that the wiring connector for the electric mirrors is located just above the door Speakers...

...so if the loose connector for them is there then it should be easy.

Have a look at the plugs in the footwell you know what plug it is as it goes out to the door

post a pic on here of the plug and socket

3 options swap out the door loom, wire in a new plug or just wire the mirror directly

if it's pre wire in the door, you may find the wire and connector taped to the door loom

Hi, I don’t have the wiring connector for the elecrtic mirrors. I checked Just now, in the pics below my wife’s Peugeot 108.

check the loom inside the door and the plug and socket in the footwell

I already checked, there is only a large circular connector with many wires.  Maybe inside there are also the wiring for the mirrors but not in the door.  I do not know.

Here's mine....Right Hand Drive as in UK.

This is Drivers side Footwell...IMG_20220511_185843.thumb.jpg.1ee7c8e2e1bdb96a94cf02d0c1165591.jpgIMG_20220511_185433.thumb.jpg.76873a1da199325cf94b191e5b7049a0.jpg

This is the Mirror Switch wiring...IMG_20220511_185924.thumb.jpg.c4ec37dac3cfc479642715f98957b5d2.jpg

This is the Passenger side Footwell...

IMG_20220511_190226.thumb.jpg.3dfa503c57d01d421ec88adb4125a98f.jpgIMG_20220511_190216.thumb.jpg.0de8f957867623ac5bb6f9ddeaa89076.jpg

There are also  mirrors wiring in this photos?

its the very top plug, give me a bit to look at the pics

You mean the connector with the black arrow?

012A599E-F10F-4CD2-B1FA-463C19606473.jpeg

Yes, if someone can unplug there's and take a pic that would be good

edit.  @Techfreak's car the wiring is up to the socket but not into the door loom, LHD will be slightly different and may have different wiring as its a newer model

i will see if there are any door looms for sale

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links