Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car slipping into neutral in automatic (E) mode but fine driving in manual mode?

Aimeejanexx

Hi I have a Toyota Yaris 2009 with a multimode gearbox. My car recently has been slipping into neutral whilst driving in automatic, it did it about 4 times so far. I managed to get it to a garage and they said it was to do with the clutch actuator, they drove it about several times and it didn’t happen once with them, and the error code also never came up again? They said I can spend around £600 or more to *potentially* fix the problem or I can drive it about in the manual mode and basically see how it goes. So to save money for the time being I’m going to see if it holds out in manual.

I’ve driven it about a few times in manual mode (for less than 15 minutes each time as I’m still abit anxious) and it’s never happened again, I wondered if anyone had a similar problem? Or if anyone knows if it’s likely to happen again in manual mode? 

I have no idea what type of auto box this but I do know that with regular slushbox autos you can fix a lot of niggles by changing the fluid.

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I have no idea what type of auto box this but I do know that with regular slushbox autos you can fix a lot of niggles by changing the fluid.

It's an MMT - Automated manual

I would do a relearn/initialization

INF12215_GB.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links