Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help. Corolla 2.0 hybrid est. 2020 map update.

Jon S Palmer

Just now, the brace said:

Yes it was directed at you, and I'm sorry if you're offended.

No not at all, I was merely asking about the disparity in file size really. I'm assuming the large file is a full Europe update, rather than a UK one.

3 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

No not at all, I was merely asking about the disparity in file size really. I'm assuming the large file is a full Europe update, rather than a UK one.

As far as I recall mine was a complete West Europe download  -  it was all that I was offered on the Toyota website

• Like 1

Michael.

en route.

Untitled.png

Michael.

Just looked again. 3 hours 45mins ??????????????Untitled.thumb.png.f0d375ee088a0adb906827c520687204.png

10 minutes ago, Jon S Palmer said:

Michael.

Just looked again. 3 hours 45mins ??????????????Untitled.thumb.png.f0d375ee088a0adb906827c520687204.png

That's looking better. Your on the right track now. Be patient as this part takes a while as you can see. Windows is un zipping the big download now. You should end up with a single FMU folder on USB drive E:/. If all goes to plan the USB stick will be ready to take to your vehicle. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Obsidian Estate said:

If you did your update direct via WiFi to the car, it does not contain all the data that comes via the data stick transfer method.

• Like 1

Hi all members of this forum who gave assistance,and particularly Michael and Martin who doggedly stuck with me to SOLVE the issue. As you see took about 1 1/2 hours to load.

Over the years I had 6 Avensis and never encountered a problem updating the maps but this Corolla really pulled me down. However finally the issue is resolved. THANK YOU.

Jon P.

P1030335.JPG

P1030336.JPG

P1030337.JPG

P1030338.JPG

Well done  -  and I'm sure this thread will help others

Well done Jon. I am very pleased for you. Just remember what you have done for future map updates.😉

Good to see you got it done 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, the brace said:

Well done  -  and I'm sure this thread will help others

Yes, it did help me! Before reading it, I hadn't appreciated that the FMU folder itself needed to be copied; I'd instead copied its content (the five files forming a multi-part ISO image and their checksums); the in-car multimedia system displayed "checking USB" and then reverted to normal operation, ignoring the data. It was also useful to know that updating would take about 1.5 hours. Thanks, everyone! P.S. I didn't have a 16GB USB stick to hand, so ended up using a 120GB external hard drive / USB 2.0, which worked fine. Also, being a geek, I've investigated the content of the ISO image and found that it contains only a few GB of data (mainly the maps themselves).