Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New owner of a 3.5L 2014 Estima

bleepbloop

Hi,

Just joined the forum tonight and am looking for some help regarding basic maintenance of my 3.5L Estima.

1)Engine Oil - 5W30? This is what ive understood from other threads. Does anyone know how many liters this engine (2GR) takes?

2)Battery Replace - Any recommendations?

3)Does this model have a chain or a standard timing belt?

4)Ideal Tyre pressures?

5)Preferred Tyre Size?

6)Coolant, power steering and Battery fluid specifications?

Sorry for all the questions, am a bit overwhelmed with not being able to find an english translation of the user manual!

Regards,

Bleep

The 3.5 litre engine (2GR-FE) has a timing chain.

Coolant - probably has Toyota Super Long Life pink coolant. On other European market Toyotas which have the above, first coolant change is required at 10 years/100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and then every 5 years/50,000 miles - so would suggest this would be similar for yours.

Power steering - is it not electric, so no fluid??

• Like 1

Welcome,

Same engine as in the Lexus RX350 I believe so that's a source for info/cross checking. etc.

https://www.drifted.com/2gr-fe/...general guide to the engine

• Like 1

Thankyou both for your speedy replies and yes it seems to have the pink coolant (Thanks @FROSTYBALLS)

I guess the car is electric steering as you suggest.

I would like to change the Battery as the dealer I bought it from had to jump start it when he initially showed me the vehicle. Ive been starting it once a week while DVLA took its sweet time processing the registration form, finally got the log book and just my luck the car wont start (rapid ticking noise) even when trying to jump start. I suspect i need a new Battery, but again have no idea what to get! Picture of current Battery attached

@RUToyota i noticed you have the 3L estima too? What are your preferences regarding Tyre pressures and size?

20220508_104342.jpg

I've always run with 32 psi all round..and use a pretty standard tyre of 215/60/16....running on Avon ZV7's.

Just replace Battery with same..mines a 005L...just make sure it physically fits ok.

Tayna batteries online is a good place to look

• Like 1

A quick look on the EPC shows 2 Battery types for the 3.5 55D23L, 510ah, 60ah cap or a 80D26, 550ah 68ah cap (L on the end in indicates a left-hand negative)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bleepbloop said:

FYI - I inquired at advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk prior to starting this thread, they got back to me and recommended the following, in case that helps anyone.

https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/product/efb-068-advanced-xd-start-stop-battery-030/

If its a stop/start then that would seem a good choice.

• Like 1

55D23L, 510ah, 60ah cap or a 80D26 are what are listed by Toyota

of course, they want to flog you a more expensive Battery an 068 is the wrong Battery for a 2014

please PM me with your frame number/VIN and i will confirm the correct Battery

As its a 3.5 v6 that makes it a GSR50W or GSR55W (ACR is the 2.4)

highlighted in yellow - standard is 55D23L- optional upgrade 80D26L these are around the £60-70 mark

image.png.5ce354278df6b9daf2858f00b63b9771.png

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:52 PM, bleepbloop said:

Hi,

Just joined the forum tonight and am looking for some help regarding basic maintenance of my 3.5L Estima.

1)Engine Oil - 5W30? This is what ive understood from other threads. Does anyone know how many liters this engine (2GR) takes?

2)Battery Replace - Any recommendations?

3)Does this model have a chain or a standard timing belt?

4)Ideal Tyre pressures?

5)Preferred Tyre Size?

6)Coolant, power steering and battery fluid specifications?

Sorry for all the questions, am a bit overwhelmed with not being able to find an english translation of the user manual!

Regards,

Bleep

The sticker on the inside of the drivers door on mine says 2.4 bar for 17 inch tyres, which is just under 35psi.

The person i bought it from, who has bought over a few Estimas, recommended running it a couple psi higher for better fuel economy and less tyre wear.

• Like 1

@trg1244 mine comes with 18's - so will most likely run it 38psi all round

@flash22 have PM'd you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links