Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Rear Seat Protection ?

152bobby

I have noticed the scuff marks on the rear back of my daughter's MK2 Aygo, presumably getting marked when the rear seats are folded down and being marked by whatever has been put in the rear.

I see that the new Aygo X has no fabric or protection as well.

Has anyone any suggestions that will not only protect the back of the seats, but actually look good as well, like it's meant to be there ?

Felt would be perfect yet we carry an old curtain for said purpose if we go down to the dump.

Tel

Felt that may match the carpet in the boot would be ideal. I'll wait till I get the car, then see what I can find on line, maybe from a car upholsterer or something.

There's no way my new Aygo X will be going anywhere near the local dump for as long as I can help it 🥺

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Try Woolies - great quality cloth and carpet, but not the cheapest

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/

I used to build kit cars many moons ago and the Woolies was always a good place to go for any fabric.

• Thanks 1

Toyota offer an accessory for new Aygo X HERE

• Like 1

That's exactly what I'm looking for 👍

And where did you find that, are there other accessories, apart from the protection pack ?

Makes me wonder how little Toyota dealers know....why didn't they show me this !!

Yeah the dealer's knowledge in my experience tends to be fairly poor. I'd be surprised if the salespeople even knew basic things like HP and torque figures for the cars. I couldn't even get a part code out of them for the correct 15" rims I wanted to put on my Mk4 (One of them categorically told me they wouldn't fit!), and ended up having to ask PartsKing, who thankfully doesn't mind me leaning on his product knowledge despite working for a dealer well over 150 miles away!

I often wish I lived closer so I could use his dealership! They were by far the highest rated on these forums when it still had dealer rankings.

It does seem the more conscientious dealers are in the more northern parts of the UK; All the ones down here really don't seem care one way or another!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

Certainly looks the business.

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

Could be worth thinking about. I used a picnic blanket to try and protect my 2013 Aygo and whilst it worked to a point it still got scratched over time.

Popped up to Dealers today to do a bit of research on Aygo X accessories. 

So here is what I found out....

Aygo X Scuff plates, two types, one with black background with red lettering and one with a sort of greyish background with black lettering, both £121.22 each and this is just for the front, no rear. Tried to add a photo, but errors out.

Aygo X Spare Tyre Trunk Assembly, is £161.76, for everything except the actual space saver wheel, this is not currently showing on his parts list.  But I'd add at LEAST another £100 for the wheel.

Aygo X Back Seat Protection,  could not provide a price, as this is not currently showing on the parts lists.

Aygo Side Mouldings, could not provide a price, as this is not currently showing on the parts list.

The parts guy was totally gobsmacked as to what I was showing him, as I printed off all the parts list numbers and he had not yet had them !

Anyway, he said, check back in a few weeks and hopefully, they will have prices.

I just don't understand Toyota,  because at the point of me placing my order, this is the point where they should be offering these accessories. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Translated from the German brochure

12 * Prices including 19% VAT are non-binding recommended retail prices from Toyota Deutschland GmbH. Individual dealer prices and any assembly costs that may arise are available on request from your authorized Toyota dealer

ACCESSORIES

INTERIOR FOOT mats

Protect the vehicle interior from dirt, moisture and wear and tear, with fixing points, made of durable material Rubber mats, set front and rear, in black PW210-0H016 59,-

Carpet mats, needle fleece 520 g/m², set front and rear, in black PW210-0H018 49,-

Carpet mats, needle felt 520 g/m², set front and back, in black with red logo and red border PW210-0H036 49,-

Carpet mats, needle punched 520 g/m², set front and back, in black with black logo and black border PW210-0H042 49,-

Carpet mats, velor 830 g/m², driver's side, in black with black border PW210-0H034 19,-

Carpet mats, velor 830 g/m², set front and rear, in black with chili-red border PW210-0H026-D0 59,-

Carpet mats, velor 830 g/m², set front and rear, in black with tangerine-coloured border PW210-0H026-E0 59,-

Carpet mats, velor 830 g/m², set front and rear, in black with red-brown border PW210-0H026-E1 59,-

Carpet mats, velor 830 g/m², set front and rear, in black with black border PW210-0H020 59,-

ENTRY RAILS

Aluminum sill protectors protect the entry area from scratches and damage, hard-wearing, elegant and easy to clean Door sill protectors, in black with red stripes and red Aygo X logo PW382-0H000-DC 119,-

Door sill protectors, in silver-grey with black stripes and black Aygo X logo PW382-0H001-CE 119,-

STYLING – INTERIOR

Audio surround in Vulcano red 3P0 PW286-0H002 109,-

Air vent surround on the right in Vulcano red 3P0 PW286-0H001 89,-

Air vent surround left in Vulcano red 3P0 PW286-0H000 89,-

Shift console surround in Vulcano red 3P0 (for vehicles with smartphone charging function) PW466-0H000 99,-

Shift console surround in Vulcano red 3P0 (for vehicles without smartphone charging function) PW466-0H001 99.-

Shift knob, 5-speed, in Vulcano red 3P0 PW466-0D002-DC 99,

LUGGAGE/INTERIOR

Ashtray (can also be used as a storage compartment), perfect fit for use in cup holder 74102-02140 19.00

storage box For up to 10 kg, made of polyester, foldable, in black, can be used as vehicle protection when unfolded folded: 475 mm x 335 mm x 20 mm (length x width x height), unfolded: 715 mm x 855 mm, box size: 475 mm x 335 mm x 200 mm (length x width x height) PW241-00000 65,-

Luggage net, vertical PZ434-90341-ZA 45,-

CHILD SEATS Britax Römer child seat with soft padding, high-quality and durable fabric cover, easily removable, washable Child seat G0 For children from birth to approx. 15 months (or 0 to 13 kg in weight), the car is placed against the direction of travel on the Rear seat secured and fastened via the ISO attachment, child is secured with a 5-point belt system; D-SIP® side impact protection technology, height-adjustable headrest, integrated seat adjustment for a «A more comfortable lying position, removable and washable cover 73700-06020 239,-

ISOFIX child seat G1 For children aged approx. 8 months to 4 years (or 9 to 18 kg in weight), secured with a 5-point belt, can be attached with ISOFIX or the standard 3-point belt; with adjustable headrest and adjustable back part 73700-06030 379,-

ISOFIX child seat G2 For children from approx. 3 to 12 years (or a weight of 15 to 36 kg), ISOFIX or attached to the standard 3-point belt; Weight: 7.2kg 73700-0W080 385,-

CARGO PROTECTION

Boot liner mat for vehicles with JBL® sound system (The loading floor is in a higher position than on vehicles without a JBL® sound system) PW241-0H000 49.00

Boot liner mat for vehicles without a JBL® sound system (The loading floor is in a lower position than on vehicles with a JBL® sound system) PW241-0H001 49.00

Decorative strips give the vehicle an individual and shiny touch Decorative sticker, for roof and bonnet, in Vulcano red 3P0 PW18A-0H000-DC 109,-

Decorative sticker, in Vulcano red 3P0, on the bottom of all four doors and on the side of the rear bumper PW18A-0H001-DC 179,-

Front trim strip, chrome-plated, mounting on the bumper PW401-0H100-01 99,-

Front decorative strip, in Vulcano red 3P0 PW401-0H101-DC 99,-

Tailgate trim strip, chrome PW405-0H100-01 109,-

Tailgate trim, in Vulcano red 3P0 PW405-0H101-DC 109,-

Side trim strips, chrome-plated (cannot be installed in conjunction with side protection strips) PW156-0H010-01 259,-

Side trim strips, in Vulcano red 3P0 (cannot be installed in conjunction with side protection strips) PW156-0H101-DC 259,-

Mirror cover left and right, in vulcano red 3P0 PW403-0H010-DC 69,-

BODY PROTECTION

Protects heavily used areas of the vehicle from scratches and damage to the paintwork, custom-fit, hard-wearing and easy to attach Loading sill protection film, transparent PW178-0H001 49,-

Mud flaps, front and rear, in black, unpainted PW389-0H100 49,-

Protective film, for door handle recesses, transparent, for two doors PZ438-B0182-00 9.00

Side protection strips, right and left, in black, unpainted PW170-0H100 99,-

Door edge protection films, transparent, for four doors PW174-0H001 49,-

Also come across the Spanish Aygo X Cross https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Toyota-Aygo-X-Cross-2022-ES.pdf

• Like 1

As this is still about PROTECTION, I'll keep it in this thread.

Just wondering on what people's views are on alloy wheel protection.

I'm looking at AlloyGator, good online reviews and videos on YouTube.

My Toyota dealer is offering Tyre & Alloy Wheel Cover for 3 years for£459 (£12.75 per day) which includes 10 Refurbs and new tyres for Blow Out and Unrepairable punctures.

I am VERY careful with my alloys, but as I'm getting a brand new car, it's got me thinking !!

• Like 1

I looked at AlloyGator and was quite taken with the idea but when I did a little research there are a few horror stories of these becoming detached at speed and doing a lot of damage to the paint work.  I have no hard evidence but thinking about it, if one did start to come off while driving down the motorway I imagine the paint work would certainly suffer.  In the end I decided against fitting them

• 1 year later...

152bobby. Using your figure of £459 for 3 years is £0.42 per day (£12.75 per MONTH). I considered this but you can get an alloy refurbed for about £50, and a new tyre for £120. In the last 5 years I've only needed one new tyre, and dealers often don't bother about minor scuffs on alloys when you p/x because they have someone who refurbs for them. 

Good valid points.  I went with Tidy alloys in the end, but my alloys are still in as new condition.  I'm just really careful when driving, especially parking.

It was more peace of mind because it was a brand new car.

I'll not be renewing the cover, if they offer when it expires.

And I have to admit the guy I dealt with at Tidy alloys was superb.  Especially, when I had to change my first brand new Aygo X to a replacement brand new Aygo X because of a paint defect.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links