Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications

DonCorleone

Regarding modifications i wonder if installing a body kit does this voids your warranty?? Also installing exhaust voids warranty?

4 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Regarding modifications i wonder if installing a body kit does this voids your warranty?? Also installing exhaust voids warranty?

You must ask the questions of the people providing the warranty Don.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john p williams said:

You must ask the questions of the people providing the warranty Don.

What you mean. There is no any general rule exists for toyota??? 

It would also be a good idea to inform your insurance company as it mean you policy is avoid in the event of a claim.  One of the reasons is they believe it might increase the chance of the vehicle being stolen so that needs to be reflected in the cost of the policy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonCorleone said:

I suspect it may depend on the nature of the body kit but it could make any claim on bodywork defaults very difficult to process.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

You have received my advice.

It would depend on who supplied & fitted the parts to the vehicle as to what parts of the original new vehicle warranty are now excluded. 

Genuine Toyota accessory parts fitted by a Toyota main dealer would come with there own standard warranty which is separate to the new vehicle warranty. 

Aftermarket parts supplied / fitted by someone other then a Toyota main dealer opens up a can of worms if a warranty issue arises. 

Surely changing something about a car wouldn’t void the warranty on every part of the car.  For example I’d like to think fitting a body kit wouldn’t invalidate the warranty for the windscreen wiper motor, or the brakes, or the engine for that matter… but there’s a fair chance it would invalidate your paint warranty around the areas it’s fitted to.

2 hours ago, alan333 said:

Surely changing something about a car wouldn’t void the warranty on every part of the car.  For example I’d like to think fitting a body kit wouldn’t invalidate the warranty for the windscreen wiper motor, or the brakes, or the engine for that matter… but there’s a fair chance it would invalidate your paint warranty around the areas it’s fitted to.

The problem is it is not clear cut, take your example of the brakes for example, if the modifications reduced the air flow around the brakes whoever holds the warranty may claim that the increased heat was a contributing factor in any failure.  That may well not be the case but proving them wrong is going to be difficult.  More to the point Toyota, or anyone else for that matter, is unlikely to make a cover all statement on any warranty and will take each claim on an individual basis. 

• Like 1

I read all your answers carefully. A friend of mine changed exhaust he said he doesn't have prob with warranty. Another changed audio Speakers he said he doesn't have problem with warranty. So i wonder what's the truth behind all these. Cause if i wait the 6 years of warranty of toyota surely i would have bought other car till then

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

5 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

I read all your answers carefully. A friend of mine changed exhaust he said he doesn't have prob with warranty. Another changed audio speakers he said he doesn't have problem with warranty. So i wonder what's the truth behind all these. Cause if i wait the 6 years of warranty of toyota surely i would have bought other car till then

Did your friends try to claim on the warranty after changing their exhaust and Speakers?

On 5/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, Hornet3D said:

The problem is it is not clear cut, take your example of the brakes for example, if the modifications reduced the air flow around the brakes whoever holds the warranty may claim that the increased heat was a contributing factor in any failure.  That may well not be the case but proving them wrong is going to be difficult.  More to the point Toyota, or anyone else for that matter, is unlikely to make a cover all statement on any warranty and will take each claim on an individual basis. 

Exactly as @Hornet3D says. The problem is not clear cut but proving the modification was not the cause of the failure is harder for you.