Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota insurance

fourbanks

Has anyone here had a good quote on their annual insurance from Toyota

thanks 

Hi, you can try Adrian flux and you might be surprised of the offers you can have. 👍

No, I got a laughable quote.

I did have the 3 day drive away Toyota insurance but I just transferred my current car insurance policy over when I collected my new vehicle. 

As with any insurer, Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK, who provide the insurance for Toyota in the UK, will have particular categories of client they wish to cover. As with any insurer, prospective customers outside their scope (whether it is occupation, postcode, usage, etc), usually receive an uncompetitive quote to encourage them to go elsewhere. 

From memory there are members who do insure through Toyota Insurance - partly because of the undertaking to use 'genuine Toyota' parts for repairs, etc. 

I assume a mid 40's male that works for Toyota with 20+ years NCD, no convictions doing less then 8k miles a years with a vehicle kept in a locked garage is far to much of a insurance risk for them then 🤔

• Like 2

Possibly. 

No different to any other insurer - they all have profiles of customer they want to cover. 

Recently my retired neighbour (retired, 7,000 miles in five years, Ford Fiesta, etc) tried to go with NFU Mutual and was rejected as soon as they disclosed their postcode - "Not a postcode we cover".

• Like 1

I'm with First Alternative, under £300.

I was shocked 😆

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

No, I got a laughable quote.

I did have the 3 day drive away Toyota insurance but I just transferred my current car insurance policy over when I collected my new vehicle. 

I bought on March and my existing insurance ended mid-May.  There was a significant early  cancellation fee.  It was less expensive to pay the extra rather than switch. 

Toyota Insurance is a bit weird; Usually the give hilariously out-there quotes, even with the 10% discount from having Toyota Recovery, but now and then they undercut everyone for no apparent reason; I think I've had my insurance with them a few times (non-consecutively) because they undercut everyone else by £150-200 for one year, but then went back to £LOLNO the year after.

I'd love to see what sort of algorithm they use for calculating risk... it seems to be based on a rolling a handful of dice or something :laugh: 

4 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Has anyone here had a good quote on their annual insurance from Toyota

thanks 

Lol, no. I ended up going with them for the first year just because they were the only company who knew that the model existed (this was in 2019). My quote for the second year was outrageous at £750. I went with someone else for £280.

I'm currently with the AA for £250.

55 year old, single male, low crime area, full NCB.

• Like 1

Yeah, mine went from something like £600 to £1200, and for the Mk4 they wanted £1100 vs the 4-500 I was getting via a quick check with certain meerkats :laugh: 

I always get a quote from them when everyone else's quotes are high tho' as they seem to just be the opposite of everyone else for some reason! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Hi.

Do please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

So what would be a good estimate for someone like myself, 66 full clean driving licence since 1975 and with what insurance provider?

11 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

So what would be a good estimate for someone like myself, 66 full clean driving licence since 1975 and with what insurance provider?

Almost impossible for a layman to answer - too many variables.

So much depends on other factors, including postcode, occupation if any, type of driving involved (urban, rural, local, distance, etc), annual mileage, history of other drivers, and so on. Also depends what you want from a policy - cover for other drivers, business use and what class, acceptable excess, protected no claims, courtesy car, breakdown cover, etc.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Almost impossible for a layman to answer - too many variables.

So much depends on other factors, including postcode, occupation if any, type of driving involved (urban, rural, local, distance, etc), annual mileage, history of other drivers, and so on. Also depends what you want from a policy - cover for other drivers, business use and what class, acceptable excess, protected no claims, courtesy car, breakdown cover, etc.

Just West Sussex retired no other drivers very simple 5000 miles per year protected no claims, 

9 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Just West Sussex retired no other drivers very simple 5000 miles per year protected no claims, 

Around £200 ish  with Saga.

My annual renewal isn't far away, once I get my renewal price & have compared meerkats etc, I might go get a quote from Toyota insurance just for a laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

I'm forgetting that mine was in a three year fixed price deal, so like everything else maybe car insurance has went up this year ?

Amend to £200 to £250 ish

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

thanks will let you know 🙂 

• Like 1

My last quote from Toyota on the auris was £1990. I politely declined.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

My last quote from Toyota on the auris was £1990. I politely declined.

That's terrible, they must think we're mugs putting up with that nonsense. 

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 2:19 PM, Obsidian Estate said:

I'm with First Alternative, under £300.

I was shocked 😆

£363 with basic cover 

I had Toyota insurance offered when I bought my 16 plate Auris 1.8 hybrid. It was a good competative price so I went for it.  But the second year renewal quote was off the scale like twice as much so I declined and they even had the cheek to ask me why I didn't want to renew.  I just don't get it. They certainly don't 'get it' either.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fourbanks said:

£363 with basic cover 

Are you as old and boring as I am though? 😄

• Like 1