Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota insurance

fourbanks

32 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Are you as old and boring as I am though? 😄

🤣 iv'e gone with Toyota insurance with a few extras for £625. A bit on the high side, but I can live with that for a year. There  are so many add on's it's very difficult to know when to stop 

I only ever opt for protected no claims.

I'm nearly 42, have 20 years no claims. It's about time I got cheap car insurance 🤣

Saga quote came to £575 for a similar level of cover having spoken to them 

I’m over 60 running a less than a year old Yaris and was paying £433 for a brand new high end Lexus NX.  I sent that back and got the Yaris I’d traded back and they’ve returned £60 so it’s £373 for the Yaris including £39 for motor legal (absolutely essential in my opinion) and £25 for a replacement vehicle hire if it gets immobilised or nicked.  It’s all through AND and I’m happy with that.  What I can say is they were absolutely fantastic when my CX-5 got nicked and paid out in less than a week.  I’ve heard of insurers dragging their feet to see if the car shows up and the owners never want them back.  Mine was used as a pool car by druggies and they’d just about wrecked it and the smell inside….

Toyota/Lexus/Mazda use Aioi Nissay Dowa and I’m happy paying their price after the service I got.  Getting your house turned over and the car nicked is harrowing and upsetting and they couldn’t have been nicer or more comforting.  I’m just saying because the last thing you want in that situation is a fight over value or waiting for weeks to get it settled - it has a value.  I don’t think a net premium of £303 is that bad for a new £22k Yaris.  If I have a criticism, they seem to just waive the admin fee of £15 rather than what seems a more realistic refund if you change towards the end of the year.  I sold my 2020 Lexus to WBAC with 68 days to run on my policy and they just waived £15 which I’m not sure was fair.  I mean to look into that.  

Additionally, I’ve not heard anything bad about Adrian Flux but they are sponsors of this forum.  Would be good to hear the experience of any claimants.  

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, fourbanks said:

That's terrible, they must think we're mugs putting up with that nonsense. 

I got poor quote with new auris in 2015, then with new in 2018 they were close and had a cashback deal. Renewal was onle a few quid more then 3rd year was silly so went elsewhere.

For the new corolla last year, the initial quote was over nine THOUSAND. They got it too 728 but in the end I went with LV who were under everyone else and cheaper than the outgoing auris. First time LV have ever been worthwhile on any car. 

Wow these figures are sky high! I was paying £300 for my Puma ST, and I’m only 32! (£200 compulsory excess only, inc motor legal etc)

I had Aviva, lowish 1st year quote £200 less than my then current insurer when I bought my Corolla.  Next year up by £50.  This year another £50.

Used a comparison site, £80 cheaper through a broker on that site plus £33 Topcashback.  Got the docs, under written LV. 

The annual premium is only part of the deal, having worked for a crash repair company I had my eyes open.  Like the insurance companies that charge for car hire but then have an agreement with the body shop for them to supply the replacement car, end result is, if the car involved in a major crash they often got a poor replacement car or no car at all.    Or companies that have set price repairs so that there is a standing charge of say £800 for a repair which the insurance company will always pay, anything above that comes out of the body shops profits meaning some body shops will use substandard or used parts on a badly damage vehicle.  I thought it was just this one body shop but the insurance reps were proud reaching such agreements.

So, is it a policy to 'undercharge' their clients the first year and hope for the best when the time for renewal comes?!

We used the Toyota/Lexus Group insurance in Germany, because it was the only one that didn't consider us 'novel drivers' or 'without risk classification'. The quotes we got on a full protection insurance on the TS 2.0L were around the 1,300 EUR mark, which is absolutely bunkers. We pay under 550 EUR with Toyota and supposedly you can get automatic discounts if your average 'Eco Score' is good...

We came to the conclusion that the German car insurance industry is as predictable and clear cut as someone reading your life through Tarot. We knew about a case of a grandchild that inherited the 'risk classification' from his grandfather, a man that didn't had a claim in 60 years, and pay a tenth or less for the same car as someone with a good score. The car was a Tesla Y...

How can you deduce that a third generation in the same family will be as prudent and responsible as your first client? Don't know...

We're talking about 60,000 EUR + third party damage, that can reach hundreds of thousands, guaranteed by a sanguine relationship between two different individuals.

🤐

7 minutes ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

So, is it a policy to 'undercharge' their clients the first year and hope for the best when the time for renewal comes?!

In the UK since January 2022, insurance companies can legally no longer offer preferential rates to new customers which aren't available to existing customers - so this practice should no longer occur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In the UK since January 2022, insurance companies can legally no longer offer preferential rates to new customers which aren't available to existing customers - so this practice should no longer occur.

Which probably means that they will just increase prices to everyone across the board.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am currently with Aviva as that was who I used to insure my CRV and just moved the cover over when I purchased the Aygo.  I know they offer a basic package which you can add on to, so I have added on legal cover, car hire and enhanced repair costs which allows them pay dealership rates for any repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Just done a quote via Toyota insurance & got this.

• Unfortunately you have not met one or more of the underwriting criteria required. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Nothing has changed since they happily provided the 3 day drive away cover less then 2 months ago. 

The driveaway cover is different, as you basically get it with no risk calculation at all at a flat fee which is swallowed by the dealer.

What you're getting now is a real Toyota quote!

It was probably so high even they couldn't tell you the sum with a straight face :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Toyota insurance are so painful to deal to deal with, 1hr on hold then useless service, i just cancelled and went elsewhere 

• Like 2

Yeah, it feels like they really don't want to talk to you sometimes... You really have to figure out what the quiet times are and hope for the best!

I only hope the claims line is more responsive!

On 5/31/2022 at 2:03 PM, forkingabout said:

Just done a quote via Toyota insurance & got this.

• Unfortunately you have not met one or more of the underwriting criteria required. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Nothing has changed since they happily provided the 3 day drive away cover less then 2 months ago. 

So, you're quite appropriate to buy a car from them, but not so much if you want to buy an insurance form them?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gerhard_Corolla said:

So, you're quite appropriate to buy a car from them, but not so much if you want to buy an insurance form them?

Seems that way 😂

• Like 1

One factor I have come across is the annual mileage, if you have a high mileage it means you are on the road a lot more and therefore the opportunity to have an accident is increased so the price goes up.  Low mileage is therefore cheaper but only to a point, very low mileage and some companies consider you may not be driving enough to keep you driving skills up to scratch so the price starts to go up again. 

• Like 1

I'm mid 40s, license 25+ years, NCD 20+ years, no outstanding claims or convictions, less then 8k miles per year social domestic pleasure plus commuting & vehicle kept overnight in a locked garage.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, Hybrid21 said:

You can't beat Saga 😃😃

Wha...?   My wife was quoted £1023 for our CR-H by Saga. We had a quote for £330 from Direct line. (She is a retired senior crown  prosecutor  & has faultless 40 years driving record).   And Saga refuse to stop sending unwanted spam. 

• Like 1