Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App... Fuel Range ... Seems to include reserve

Nick72

So I got back home with 19 miles of fuel left according to the MID. Orange light on. Just made it. Means I can fuel up at ASDA or Morrisons for cheap rather than the motorway services. Since I get reimbursed for fuel by mileage travelled rather than receipted this works in my favour (plus the system we use only recognises ICE or EVs and not PHEVS so it goes into the above 2.2litre category for reimbursement per mile for fuel). 

Anyway, the app says 69 miles left so am I to assume that this includes the 1 or so gallon fuel reserve which exists despite the gauge needle reading zero ?

I do think the reserve is well over a gallon.

• Like 1

The 'reserve' on mine seems to be about 7l. You can get an estimate for yours when you next fill up the tank capacity of the PHEV (55l ?) less the amount that you squeeze in as you brim the tank ...

The range remaining is almost a random number - it will depend entirely on what consumption figure is being used when it is estimated. The car doesn't include the 'reserve' - I'd be surprised if the app did, but anything is possible ...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The car doesn't include the 'reserve' - I'd be surprised if the app did, but anything is possible ...

I think the app does, because I've been down to 75 km of range and still only managed to put 26l in my Yaris IV that has an official capacity of 36l.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

I think the app does, because I've been down to 75 km of range and still only managed to put 26l in my Yaris IV that has an official capacity of 36l.

Something seems to have got lost in translation here ... you seem to be saying that the Yaris has 10l of 'reserve' (out of a 36l tank) and that you car manages only 7.5km per litre ... ?

The RAV does about 20km per litre ... ?

We must be at cross purposes here ... 🙂

75 km range as indicated by the car. I think the Yaris has about 6-8 litres of reserve, but when the car is telling me that I can only run 75 km on what's left, which would be roughly 3-4 litres of fuel, I can only get 26 litres in.

I might have things backwards, now I come to think, it's a rare occurence for me to be close to empty, I will fill up if there's a "low cost" opportunity. Which is funny, in a way, because 1€ here or there on a fill up, on top of the depreciation of a next to new car, is hardly going to make any difference.

2 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

1€ here or there on a fill up, on top of the depreciation of a next to new car, is hardly going to make any difference.

'Mony a mickle maks a muckle'

As we say in Scotland 

9 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

1€ here or there on a fill up, on top of the depreciation of a next to new car, is hardly going to make any difference

True, tho one of those is within your sphere of influence, the other very much is not!