Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App... issues?

Legge

On 1/19/2023 at 12:54 PM, Tech429 said:

UPDATE!

I had my local Toyota dealership contact me and they said that the recall issues for software unit can be booked in for a new unit to be fitted - they have only just received the unit.

I asked if it was to do with the DCM and they said yes as it was a recall item for the app and signal, etc.  I also asked why it wasn't done on my service day last friday as when i picked it up they told me it had been done - they were not sure (???)

So i am booked in again for Tuesday next week for this to be done.  So it might actually just now fix this issue.  Will keep you informed.

So...

I have had the new unit fitted... BUT the DCM is still not tracking the journeys.

So this is a useless piece of crap TBH.

I have even deleted my MyT app account and re-signed up with the most current version of the MyT app and still it does not work!

So even after this recall it is useless!

2 hours ago, jcr71 said:

app doesnt recognise my cars number plate!

Try your VIN number instead as mine did the same!

6 hours ago, imbecile said:

Booked a visit to the dealer on February 10th, expected time to do the procedure is approx. 1.5 hrs. Will report back after that with the result.

Hope yours works as mine hasn't - it's still not picking up journeys!

10 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Thanks Svetoslav, again yesterday 4 trips, only one of each pair recorded so far 

Same happened the other day.  They appeared later but only after I sent the Analytics to Toyota.  

I don't know if that was a coincidence. I shall do it again later today. 

Just to ask - how do you send analytics to Toyota (not that they will help)?

@Tech429 It's really odd your DCM had to be replaced, doesn't make sense the official service campaign to strictly say "reprogramming" and your dealer to perform a replacement...I mean for what it's worth you could've gotten a new DCM with the same firmware, so if the issue is indeed software related you're pretty much in the same situation...here's what the toyota-tech.eu site says for my car's VIN. You can register for free and check yours as well in Home -> Owner -> Campaign information -> click "Search" -> paste your VIN -> wait for it to query the database and identify the vehicle ->click "Campaigns" tab 

image.jpeg

Of course I still can't speak from experience, but I'd advise you to check first via your profile on toyota.co.uk and then to double-check via toyota-tech.eu and talk with the dealer if that's the campaign they've worked on your car.

1 hour ago, imbecile said:

@Tech429 It's really odd your DCM had to be replaced, doesn't make sense the official service campaign to strictly say "reprogramming" and your dealer to perform a replacement...I mean for what it's worth you could've gotten a new DCM with the same firmware, so if the issue is indeed software related you're pretty much in the same situation...here's what the toyota-tech.eu site says for my car's VIN. You can register for free and check yours as well in Home -> Owner -> Campaign information -> click "Search" -> paste your VIN -> wait for it to query the database and identify the vehicle ->click "Campaigns" tab 

image.jpeg

Of course I still can't speak from experience, but I'd advise you to check first via your profile on toyota.co.uk and then to double-check via toyota-tech.eu and talk with the dealer if that's the campaign they've worked on your car.

It did have to be replaced (at cost of £900 to Toyota) - and was on Tuesday this week... although it was in for Friday 2 weeks ago for service and replacement DCM - but the latter was not done although I was told it was.

As I informed Toyota last July... and they still didn't sort out for me (actually getting it booked in even though a job card was in since July last year) they ordered a new ECU unit for the DCM and it was all sorted out...

But I have been contacted today by the Dealership to say there was a mix up with my car and another one similar to mine.  There's was done but mine went among the missing until picked up after the service.

Now I have been told to give it a week and see what it does (with new unit and software update) - but will not hold my breath.  But you never know.

20 hours ago, Tech429 said:

Try your VIN number instead as mine did the same!

My VIN or number plate are not recognised in the website. 

20 hours ago, Tech429 said:

Just to ask - how do you send analytics to Toyota (not that they will help)?

I use MyT to send the driver analytics as PDF or CSV to my email and then I send it to  Toyota. 

I got an email from Toyota today to say the the systems guys will update the missing journeys.  

I also took a further set to my dealer today.  He is sending them on too. 

20 hours ago, Roy124 said:

My VIN or number plate are not recognised in the website. 

That is strange.

Mine is a company car and the day i got it delivered i signed up but the Reg was not recognised - however the VIN was.

I'd contact Toyota and see if they can help.

20 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I use MyT to send the driver analytics as PDF or CSV to my email and then I send it to  Toyota. 

I got an email from Toyota today to say the the systems guys will update the missing journeys.  

I also took a further set to my dealer today.  He is sending them on too. 

Right I see.

But this feels a ball-ache to do this.  Surely the app should work anyhow.

Also - if you app is missing journeys, then if Toyota can 'add in' the missing journeys then this actually means they can track you!  So in theory the GPS and DCM tracking does work but the app is useless at getting the data.

Also also... if there are missing journeys on your app - the analytics you send will only pick up from the list in your app - so that in itself is useless.  What I want is to be able to go online and sign in to My T, which you can, but there is nothing on there to see your journeys.  If there was it would be good to check what the app states to what the online states.

I have sent a report to my email and checked... and yes i have a missing journey from early this morning... which incidentally worked fine yesterday (same journey) and the day before... but not today.  My other two trips at lunch time recorded...

So yes, even after having an update on both the DCM and software it still is rubbish.

David, I got a reply yesterday and the journeys have been added. As long as you can determine what is missing then they can recover it.  That works if you don't have more than a couple of legs per day and you are only looking back a week or so. 

I see today that we might experience problems as they are working on the App.  As long as they are bug fixing rather than a mega problem we might see an improvement. 

You mentioned that they Toyota can actually track you, true but I think the data dump only occurs after you switch off. 

A couple of years back I was browsing the website and looking at different models and found actual live experiences.  Rather than just read the published consumption figures you could see the results from several car journeys for your chosen model.  There might be a short commute and town work, pure urban driving, a motorway journey etc. 

These were random, unidentified, routes from real drivers in real conditions in near term. 

It could be spooky suddenly finding your recent trip on line 😁

• Like 1

My car is with the dealer today. They told me that the recall was only for a software update they are not going to replace the DCM.

Will check and see how it goes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scout117 said:

My car is with the dealer today. They told me that the recall was only for a software update they are not going to replace the DCM.

Will check and see how it goes.

Just had the reprogram done but can’t see any difference, other than trips on MyT has even more missing!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Just had the reprogram done but can’t see any difference, other than trips on MyT has even more missing!

oh wow, just great...🤐

Have made no difference after the reprogram still missing the trips 😞

Was going to see if mine needed the update, all the above issues... no point by the replies!

• Like 2

Can you install the MyT App on two devices using different email addresses?

Not sure on differing emails as probably want one account to one email.

But you can install on two devices - I have it both on my works and own phone.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:48 PM, Ian.S said:

Yes I have the same.

I have informed Toyota and they are going to look into it again.

On 1/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Roy124 said:

David, I got a reply yesterday and the journeys have been added. As long as you can determine what is missing then they can recover it.  That works if you don't have more than a couple of legs per day and you are only looking back a week or so. 

If they have the journeys then they should upload or send all of them - not just ask for what is missing.

How can this app and car detect fuel, mileage and where i am but not the journey i made to get to where i am?  Sometimes it locates me miles away too.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, Corolla Mike. said:

Was going to see if mine needed the update, all the above issues... no point by the replies!

TBH they might just tell me it is to do with signal strength.

Really - in this modern times of good GPS locations?  The Sat Nav works a wonder - so why can't it pick up the car?

On 1/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Roy124 said:

You mentioned that they Toyota can actually track you, true but I think the data dump only occurs after you switch off. 

No I was just saying "if" they can.

Well they must be able to if they can send you the missing journeys...

Thanks Tech, that makes sense, my wife installed it on her phone using her email address and I got a message saying "Access to Connected Services Removed from your Account".