Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App... issues?

Legge

On 12/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, Rosgoe said:

If you want to persist with it try deleting the app and re installing 

Have already done this 3 times now.

It amazes me Toyota can't get the app to work correctly - but now it's Christmas they have updated and added in snow flakes and a Christmas Tree streak effect!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Have already done this 3 times now.

It amazes me Toyota can't get the app to work correctly - but now it's Christmas they have updated and added in snow flakes and a Christmas Tree streak effect!

The app itself is, to all intents and purposes, a web browser in a wrapper. The content that you see all comes from the back-end so no updates required in the app for the xmas tweaks.

If you are missing data then you could check online to see if the same data is missing from the pages there. The trip history should be the same for both.

If trips are missing from both places - after all, they both look at the same data - then it may be that the car is not sending the info back to the server.

1 minute ago, Strangely Brown said:

The app itself is, to all intents and purposes, a web browser in a wrapper. The content that you see all comes from the back-end so no updates required in the app for the xmas tweaks.

If you are missing data then you could check online to see if the same data is missing from the pages there. The trip history should be the same for both.

If trips are missing from both places - after all, they both look at the same data - then it may be that the car is not sending the info back to the server.

Yes but the Xmas tweeks should be not as important as getting it sorted!

And the App is flawed, Toyota have admitted as such (when i contacted them about it) and it is a problem with the DCM on the car (and yes, I have had a job card in at Toyota for the past 5 months now and they still have not called me in to get it fixed - even though i have called them numerous times myself).

The App works fine to track me into town 4 miles away... then on my journey back it doesn't and then claims i'm still in town.  Then i'll travel to work over 52 miles away and it will not track me... but then does so back home again.

It is just Toyota do not care about the customer anymore like they used to.

• Like 1

Toyota Customer support is really bad. They are not even replying back to my emails now.

My car is now 8 months old and have always had the MyT app issue with not recording all the trips.

I have now just given up and rarely use the app.

Toyota should not even advertise the app tbh as its useless.

• Like 1

If you can't get satisfaction from customer support go to your dealer.  They have a line to them too. 

17 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If you can't get satisfaction from customer support go to your dealer.  They have a line to them too. 

Then like I say - it is something to do with the DCM in-car not picking up signal at times (and apparently nothing at all to do with bad signal areas, etc.) as it is an issue.

Also still not getting anywhere with my local dealership on my 5-month old job card for this to be sorted... and this is just probably my dealership.

If Toyota don’t have a fix, there is nothing the dealers can do. To be fair with the logistical and supply issues currently, I guess it is set to low priority as its effect is minimal.

To me the DCM is working as it gives correct time of last use (just not the correct location) and the alert for the car being unlocked always appears to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve recently switched phone provider, and currently awaiting my old number to be ported over. 
I have noticed that I cannot see the location on my car nor the recent trip information in MyT app now. I can’t even find the menu option to add or remove Connected Services. 
All I can see if how much petrol I have left and current mileage. 
Tried logging out and back in again but that didn’t help. 
Any ideas if the MyT app is linked to phone number?

I'm not aware of the MyT app being linked to a mobile number. As long as you've logged in to the same account you should be all set. Might just be the app and the servers taking awhile to update the information client side.

• Like 1

Weird indeed. My number ported over today and tried the app again and all is back to normal. I can now see location and Hybrid Coaching stats.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a Driver Analytic spreadsheet to Customer Services.  It was a download from MyT and showed a homeward journey missing and also an outbound journey on the following day. 

Two entries were also different between the screen display and the download.  The download had the full journey data whereas the in-app display omitted the location data. 

They acknowledged my message and have forwarded it to systems to investigate. 

• Like 1

Had it in for a service and DCM software repair/upgrade...

Still not picking up correctly.

Totally agree that this app is simply not fit for purpose. There seems to be no effort going in to sort it out either. My car is currently on my driveway but the app shows it located eight miles away, and I've done three other trips since that one. 

Totally useless.

Edited by Tel_man
Clarification
  • Like 1

UPDATE!

I had my local Toyota dealership contact me and they said that the recall issues for software unit can be booked in for a new unit to be fitted - they have only just received the unit.

I asked if it was to do with the DCM and they said yes as it was a recall item for the app and signal, etc.  I also asked why it wasn't done on my service day last friday as when i picked it up they told me it had been done - they were not sure (???)

So i am booked in again for Tuesday next week for this to be done.  So it might actually just now fix this issue.  Will keep you informed.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:56 AM, Tel_man said:

Totally agree that this app is simply not fit for purpose. There seems to be no effort going in to sort it out either. My car is currently on my driveway but the app shows it located eight miles away, and I've done three other trips since that one. 

Totally useless.

It might be you can contact your local dealership as it appears it is a recall issue.

• Like 1

I have just sent off another set of analytics.  Yesterday the outbound and homebound trips were not recorded. 

Also a longstanding issue is my home location.  Long story, when we bought a, Toyota in 2020 the road was not on the map or satnav.  This was logged with the map providers and Waze.  Waze amended their maps within the week and Toyota at the next update. 

Ever since the car has been shown correctly in my garage and my phone a few yards away.  However rather than turning left I and instructed to turn right, force my way through a hedge into the next street. 

I shall follow your tip and see my dealer. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:33 PM, Rosgoe said:

It’s about as much use as a chocolate tea pot I tend to log into the website and check my driving analytics and journeys from there.

I have planed a journey and used send to car and that doesn’t work either just look at my T reviews!

Just to ask how do you get the online stats?

I have logged ion and can't find an option to check the driving journeys anywhere.

7 hours ago, Tech429 said:

Just to ask how do you get the online stats?

I have logged ion and can't find an option to check the driving journeys anywhere.

It's under hybrid coaching.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, RabButler said:

It's under hybrid coaching.

I can on the app but online when i sign in there is no option for Hybrid Coaching that I can see.

AKAIS the online pages have information but don't actually do anything

Been told by Toyota support that there have been a recall for the DCM and Myt app issue.

My local dealer has called and booked for the next week might be a DCM replacement or an update.

I'm from Bulgaria and since I got the car last June have the same issue, today I checked in my profile on local Toyota web site for available service campaigns and this one is present:

PDC / RSSC / CSC / ICSC - for DCM reprogramming on certain Multiple Models

So I got in contact with the dealer and I'm waiting for feedback on how to proceed. Judging by the campaign description and feedback I got last year when I opened a ticket with Toyota support I assume it would be just firmware update on the DCM at the dealer, I don't expect it to involve any hardware replacement. 

So I'd advise anyone having the same problem - some trips not recorded and car location not updated - to check for a services campaign issued on their car.

• Like 1

Thanks Svetoslav, again yesterday 4 trips, only one of each pair recorded so far 

Same happened the other day.  They appeared later but only after I sent the Analytics to Toyota.  

I don't know if that was a coincidence. I shall do it again later today. 

Booked a visit to the dealer on February 10th, expected time to do the procedure is approx. 1.5 hrs. Will report back after that with the result.

app doesnt recognise my cars number plate!