Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT App... issues?

Legge

Dealer called back to ask if there was any improvement. 

They have booked me in again. The person said they might get someone from toyota headquarter that day also to check this.

• Like 1

Just found a My T update on android for 'bug fixes' hope it addresses  a lot of bugs! 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 6:47 PM, imbecile said:

Booked a visit to the dealer on February 10th, expected time to do the procedure is approx. 1.5 hrs. Will report back after that with the result.

After the DCM reprogramming Friday afternoon I've done 15 trips, 4 (consecutive) from this morning are missing in the profile/servers...so, yeah, it was 50/50 before, now it's 25% missing...I guess that's some progress 🙄

On 2/12/2023 at 6:45 PM, imbecile said:

After the DCM reprogramming Friday afternoon I've done 15 trips, 4 (consecutive) from this morning are missing in the profile/servers...so, yeah, it was 50/50 before, now it's 25% missing...I guess that's some progress 🙄

Mine still the same.

IIRC mine started having issues when i linked my phone via CarPlay... so...

Today I had it in Toyota for another issue - and they drove it on 3 journeys - and guess what?  They all tracked!  I asked them how many times they went out and it was 3 times (all tracked)... so...

I'm going to unlink my phone (Car Play) and try that.  You never know.

You do not need to link your phone to use the App.

Has anyone that had the reprograming done noticed if the car location is correct after completing a missing trip? Previously if the trip is missing, my car's location was at the final point of the last recorded trip...I wonder if they have done a fix only for the location issue, not for the trips recording?

4 minutes ago, imbecile said:

Has anyone that had the reprograming done noticed if the car location is correct after completing a missing trip? Previously if the trip is missing, my car's location was at the final point of the last recorded trip...I wonder if they have done a fix only for the location issue, not for the trips recording?

It is strange as it tracks me to Tesco 2 miles down the road but does not track the journey back - but about 10 minutes later it tells me I am at home with the correct mileage and fuel - so why not get the journey right?

But sometimes it tracks a journey outbound and not inbound - and for a day or two I am still at the outbound journey 😲

It is strange.

Oh and still not had any response from Toyota (via the app or web) - as surely they will want to know their App is not right?

• Like 1

Yes you can only have one account (I think) with one email attached - but you can have the app on two devices.

Let us know how you get on with the flaming app though as I have had many issues with it not tracking journeys and after a journey to Carlisle - although i am home (180 miles) my car is still in Carlisle.

Would be interesting to know if all was okay before you linked your phone to Apple Car Play - mine went wrong after doing this so am looking to unlink my phone from the car.

First comment on the Corolla forum, I have a RAV4. I had the software update a couple of weeks ago. This was mainly driven by inability to start the cabin preconditioning or schedule a charge from the app. It has resolved that issue but unfortunately I have to break it to you that it doesn't improve the missing journeys. I guess this is a different issue relating to Toyota's servers. I've had the car for 18 months and the number of missing trips or delays has got worse and worse. Our Yaris is the same. It seems as more and more new cars come on line it's getting worse which suggests the infrastructure can't handle it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, imbecile said:

Only lost the car once, every other time the car made it home even though the route was not recorded. 

Monday and Wednesday not recorded. 

3 hours ago, Tech429 said:

It is strange as it tracks me to Tesco 2 miles down the road but does not track the journey back - but about 10 minutes later it tells me I am at home with the correct mileage and fuel - so why not get the journey right?

But sometimes it tracks a journey outbound and not inbound - and for a day or two I am still at the outbound journey 😲

It is strange.

Oh and still not had any response from Toyota (via the app or web) - as surely they will want to know their App is not right?

I get the same thing. Outbound but not inbound at times. Another times inbound but not outbound. Did a 50 miles drive 2 days ago and it didn't track that at all. Not really bothered though as for me it's just interesting but not important enough to concern me.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:39 PM, imbecile said:

I wonder if they have done a fix only for the location issue, not for the trips recording?

I'm 99% confident that's the case: I had a couple of consecutive missing trips "series" and during them I checked the car's location in MyT - it was spot on every time.

• Like 1

I have lots of missing trips on My T.  However I didn't buy the car because it had an App, I bought it for other reasons so I don't let it bother me, I don't get hung up on it.  

I do track my mileage using Road Trip Light. Interesting, but it's just for fun.

I have seen most missing trips for the last fortnight suddenly appear.  As several were longer legs there has been a dramatic improvement in performance figures. 

Toyota and Lexus are doing DCM software update recall this should solve the problem of missing trips and find my car. 

I have my CHR  DCM update done a few days ago and it seems to of cured the  issues of missing trips etc.

My last trip ended at 1903 this evening, the Analytics were on MyT by 1910.

Update:

My journey yesterday was not recorded in MyT until 7 hours later, however scrolling back for the month it appears that earlier trips have now been uploaded. 

Two other changes I think have been made but it is difficult to confirm.  One is on the page with last trip.  An option 'hybrid coaching' has appeared.  Is that new? 

Then in the main hybrid coaching listing, as I scrolled down, a caption 'Earlier in the month'.  New? 

Has anyone else noticed the recording being more complete? 

I have a Toyota Corollar MY23, and have configured the Connected Services on the day I got the car (beginning of Feb). Didn't have any climate control at that time, however, all my trips were being logged correctly.

Today, I decided to re-connect the Connected Services and (after a few failed attempts) I got it working. However, it doesn't seem to log any new trips after that.

Did any of you have a similar experience?

Fingers cross but the MT trip record is getting good results.  Five legs today and all recorded.  It hasn't missed a trip for at least 2 weeks.

Looking back my missing journeys and issues began after i first connected my phone to Apple CarPlay... and to test this I have since Monday last week disconnected it.

And so far all my journeys have recorded!

Is this a coincidence or not?  Not sure - but i'll give it a few more days and see if it still works.  Otherwise if it isn't the phone linking thing then it is just down to the App and software - although i only just had my DCM unit updated on recall and the issue was still there, but unlinking phone seems to be the trick for me.