Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App... issues?

Legge

On 3/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, Roy124 said:

a slightly different note, all my journeys now terminate at one of my next door neighbours.  This is a massive improvement as it usually terminates behind a different neighbours house a quarter mile away by road.  Sadly, Find my Car still thinks it is there at the wrong place.

I sent a message to Toyota and 'lo, whereas my car was sometime shown as at #2 or #4.  Today it is at #3. 

The location however was a quarter mile by road in the next street. Today the location and find my car are both  correct. 

Suspect their end is at issue. Mine, (not had any upgrades) last location logged 21 March! tracked me home 03 March correctly not been driven since,  now showing '0' fuel car has 1/4 tank and drivers door unlocked when car is locked. Useless system may as well deactivate it. 

Mike, my fuel is spot on.  Try contacting customer services, tell them what's wrong, see what happens. 

Customer services are usless. Contacted them ove another issue. Case file opened, Asked me to supply info which i did, not heard back since end of February... this is my 6th Toyota, more than likely now the last. 

That should have read January, covid brain!

On 3/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, Roy124 said:

David, coincidence I believe.  I spoke with my dealer a month back and have complained to Toyota several times.  About 2-3 weeks ago I saw old gaps suddenly populated.  A more recent trip was displayed with 9 minutes.  Since then all trips have been recorded.  I also noticed for the first time that there was a link on the home page below the Find My Car block, 'Hybrid Coaching' in the Last Trip block.  No I cant swear if that is new but I think it is.

The next thing I need to check is how soon that last trip appears.

Just to inform all...

After disconnecting Apple CarPlay on Monday 20th February all my trips have been tracked on the App.

So for me (so far...) not having phone connected via CarPlay has actually worked!

Now this might be coincidence that Toyota have "fixed" the issue and that i have a new DCM Unit fitted... but until i know further - or even if Toyota actually inform they have fixed the issue - then i'll not connect my phone again.

...perhaps i might connect again on a trial basis and see what happens 🤔

On 3/2/2023 at 1:04 PM, Roy124 said:

Following on, I received the following from Toyota this afternoon :

There is an ongoing program to fix the issue with this system and to reinstate missing tips to customers app, 

so this is why you are now able to see this data. We expect the process to be completed soon. 

Toyota...

A bit like Tom Tom...

Claim they are "looking into it" but so far:

Tom Tom have taken 4 years to fix ongoing issues - and they did blame the Covid lockdown at that time - wonder what excuse they will say if i try contacting them again.

So will not hold my breath on Toyota contacting me back after the last email i had from them on the App issue (6 weeks ago - although waited 3 months for that response 😲)

David, all my trips since 8th Feb are shown and the delay is less than 24hrs.

I also had an issue where my car was shown in the correct position on the map but said to be at a house over our boundary but a quarter mile buly road.  

I sent a screen shot showning the wrong location and a Google Earth image showing the theoretical journey to my car 5 yards away. 

This was on a Friday and by Sunday it has been fixed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve only discovered today that I can access maintenance history in the MyT app. 

I have been told that a service was due before I’ve purchased vehicle in December 2022. When checking the app I have found 2 entires on December. 
One is for hybrid health check and the other is for Maintenance of type “Major”. The title states handover so I’m guessing that’s part of the sale. Can anyone confirm this please?

Also, would there be a prompt in the vehicle reminding upcoming services? 

How many miles had the car covered in Dec 22.

Service interval is 10k miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first.  The first service is usually "Intermediate", 2nd service is "major", then intermediate, major and so on. Other intervals for things such as hydraulic brake oil change and such like. If you have the car serviced a t a Toyota place they will do a hybrid Battery health check free at the same time as a service. this health check, if done by Toyota carries on adding another year warranty to the "big" Battery up to 15 years (subject to a max mileage).

Just to let you know the App is still tracking all my journeys... and still not connected to CarPlay.

If the Toyota dealership do their job then any work will be logged and informed via the App.  My recent service is logged, a recall issues logged before that and also the delivery as first entry.

I have had another issue that they had it in for a few weeks ago but that is not logged on.

But pretty sure all services will be logged - but not sure if you do not go via dealerships though.

1 hour ago, Tech429 said:

But pretty sure all services will be logged - but not sure if you do not go via dealerships though.

From an earlier topic, dealers/independents outside the Toyota dealer network aren't able to access Toyota's electronic service history.

• Like 1

I lost one trip from Wednesday.  It had seemed very good so I looked back to the beginning of January.  155 trips and only 2 missed or a missed rare of 1.3%.  Probably acceptable for the hobbyist but could cost a business user who relied on it. 

I have passed this on to Toyota.  See what happens. 

• Like 1

Presumably all this trip data is uploaded from the car and stored in the Toyota Cloud somewhere and then accessed by the App? Is that the case? In which case has anyone been able to establish whether the missing trips are present in the cloud or are they missing there too?

1 hour ago, fred88 said:

Presumably all this trip data is uploaded from the car and stored in the Toyota Cloud somewhere and then accessed by the App? Is that the case? In which case has anyone been able to establish whether the missing trips are present in the cloud or are they missing there too?

Not sure how it works - but it relies on GPS and DCM from the car to track and navigate (something I feel i the $60,000 question as why does the Sat Nav work all the time but the tracking of journeys on the App doesn't)?

Not looked into this on my lost journeys - but currently after disconnecting my phone form CarPlay it has been tracking all journeys so far.

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From an earlier topic, dealers/independents outside the Toyota dealer network aren't able to access Toyota's electronic service history.

Well as mine is a Company Car it will go to dealership for first year or so - then they will send to independents to cut costs.

2 hours ago, fred88 said:

They are in cloud.  I raised a complaint both direct and through the dealer.  The missing trips appeared. I posted a reply from Peter at Customer Services who said that they are working through the system but it will take some time. 

I hope he meant for everyone 😁

24 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Not sure how it works - but it relies on GPS and DCM from the car to track and navigate (something I feel i the $60,000 question as why does the Sat Nav work all the time but the tracking of journeys on the App doesn't)?

Not looked into this on my lost journeys - but currently after disconnecting my phone form CarPlay it has been tracking all journeys so far.

In contrast, while I had no phone connection, in my Corolla I lost many journeys.  In my Yaris I use AA all the time now and have had 98.7% of journies recorded since I complained. 

I'm not an expert but I think the difference between location tracking and satnav is basically that for satnav millions of vehicles are picking up the globally broadcast positioning data and processing it locally in the car. Toyota location tracking, I would think, requires that Toyota's servers are capable of receiving hundreds of thousands (I'm guessing the figures folks!) of datastreams simultaneously and storing them on the servers. A considerable feat IMHO. Any corruption or blip in the datastream could result in the journey not be identifiable and thus not being allocated to a vehicle.

I might be wrong though 🤔 

I have a yaris cross excel, what does the app do on my phone, what information do I get from it. 

Anyone else getting messages from Toyota that MyT has an update? Currently running the Feb 2023 version. Is there a newer one?

No, have not have any notification about the app. 

I have issue with MyT its working at the moment but trips for the day are not shown until Tomorrow thats not ideal.

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

Anyone else getting messages from Toyota that MyT has an update? Currently running the Feb 2023 version. Is there a newer one?

Yes, I got that too. Downloaded the new app and I need to manually re-enter my VIN to add the car. Will wait a few weeks before actually doing that as it said it will remove it from the old app when I do.