Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT App... issues?

Legge

I downloaded the App on my Kindle last night but on my phone the only App was the old version.

This morning I searched for just Toyota and there it was listed under the old version.

I note what you say about it cancelling the old App.  I will keep the old App on the phone for the moment.

Just had a reply from Toyota.  It seems they have several teams restoring missing data so journeys might not appear in sequence. 

Toyota MyT is the more recent version but limited to Aygo and Yaris for the moment. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, Devon Aygo said:

There is and will be a new app coming throughout 2023 at the moment however the App is only available to Aygo X, Yaris & Yaris Cross customers with the new Smart connect navigation system, other models will be added throughout 2023 trying to add other models will just result in a Vin not recognised error. 

And there is THE issue!

Toyota should have it enabled on roll-out to all makes and models in their range, not just some!

1 hour ago, Tech429 said:

new Smart connect navigation system

This is the clue.  It might be platform limited with the numbers of cars with Smart Connect being limited to Yaris and Aygo until capacity can be increased. 

So far no one has identified the difference between the two Apps. 

I tried to add my MY21 Yaris Cross Excel to the newer Toyota MyT App.  I got the connect screen and scanned the QR Code successfully.  I then got the message that my car needed the older MyT App.

As I had not received the update message either my car is not suitable or they are rolling out the implementation in phases.

I did a journey from the Lake District to Devon without stopping and it stopped recording the trip after 6 hours and 8 minutes.

Gerry, that's exceptional.  It will stop recording after 2,000 data points.  In my experience and others that is usually after 3 hours of so, though from what you say it could be much less if you were driving in a city like London.

In your case I guess you were on the M6 and M5 with little deviation in route or speed thus not eating up data points.

I did 326 miles before it stopped recording, about 276 miles was on the M6/M5.

1 hour ago, GerryJ said:

I did 326 miles before it stopped recording, about 276 miles was on the M6/M5.

So it didn't record the whole trip.  I am guessing, as I also said, the motorway driving didn't generate as many data points in 3 hours. 

Blimey, couldn't manage the journey 🐫🐫🤣🤣

15 hours ago, Roy124 said:

So it didn't record the whole trip.  I am guessing, as I also said, the motorway driving didn't generate as many data points in 3 hours. 

No it didn’t record the whole trip had another 9 miles to go . Would have been great if Toyota could’ve recorded those 9 miles as another trip.

Maybe that's why the 2023 models have a tea break indicator; to break up journeys into MyT manageable chunks. I didn't have any issues with my 2021 Corolla, but MyT on the new one is a bit iffy. It always knows where the car is, but it's uncertain how it got there.

2 hours ago, GerryJ said:

No it didn’t record the whole trip had another 9 miles to go . Would have been great if Toyota could’ve recorded those 9 miles as another trip.

True, but the DCM only uploads the data at engine switch off. 

4 minutes ago, RabButler said:

but MyT on the new one is a bit iffy. It always knows where the car is, but it's uncertain how it got there.

Yes that is a quwerk.  I guess 'where I am' is a separate message from 'where I've been'. 

It seems the DCM dump sends a lot more information than is displayed in the App. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine stopped working on the 11th March, day after my car was serviced, thought it had something to do with this, but perhaps is server side issue

MyT sent me a message about upgrading to the new Toyota MyT app. Wasted 40 mins before the app informed me that Corollas are not included yet. I presume that, with a new app on the horizon, not much attention is being devoted to fixing the issue of missing trips on the old app.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, Luke717 said:

The data seems to be all there, I checked in MyT account on the website, last 3 months history is there although the website doesn't show hybrid scoring.

All data, even that not shown on your App, is on the  Server.  I have been told that a team is working through correcting and restoring missing trips but this will take time.. 

BUT 

The new App only has trip data for the preceding 30 days.  You can check trip data and see daily averages in bar graph form.  No longer can you see weekly, or monthly graphs. 

A plus point (?) is trip data appeared quickly either within a few hours or next day. 

However my trip yesterday that ended just 24 hours ago has yet to appear. 

I worked out that after a recent app update Privacy Mode had turned on in app settings, this was what was stopping hybrid coaching from working, once turned off again, all started working again, can be turned off under manage connected services in account

IMG_0569.png

• Like 1

Paul, you said this happened after a service.  Could they have switched it off? 

My 4th May trip has yet to appear and I have not driven it since. 

As the car has it's own SIM, does anyone know which phone network Toyota use for this in the UK? 

I have found that the app seems very slow to update the hybrid driving data and car's location when parked on my driveway at home, but sometimes when out I park up somewhere and it updates almost immediately.

The area where I live has a strong signal on O2 and Vodafone, but EE and Three are virtually dead here. I suspect the car is using one of the latter two networks, hence why it's so slow to update at home but reasonably fast elsewhere.

• Like 1

Nick, that is an excellent question.  The two recent trips I have missing were to Munsterdelen on 4th Apr and from there on the 13th.

On the return leg we stopped off at a Pit Stop and the following leg to Den Haag was updated. 

Clearly the Toyota SIM  has  EU Roaming but why just those two legs I don't know.  We did not drive locally. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Nick, that is an excellent question.  The two recent trips I have missing were to Munsterdelen on 4th Apr and from there on the 13th.

On the return leg we stopped off at a Pit Stop and the following leg to Den Haag was updated. 

Clearly the Toyota SIM  has  EU Roaming but why just those two legs I don't know.  We did not drive locally. 

Having looked through the trips stored in the app there seems to be a definite pattern with mine in that the outward part of the journey is usually shown, but the return part of the journey is often missing completely, or takes a couple of days to show up.

That does point to there being something at my home address which the car doesn't like, and I can only think it's mobile data signal, or rather the lack of it.

• 5 weeks later...