Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Incoming phone volume level setting

PhilMoreau

Unless I'm missing something the Incoming phone volume level is too low and I cant find a way to change it. Found the mic audio out volume setting but not the incoming level. Its not controlled by the main volume control or the steering wheel control, how strange!! 

Whether incoming or outgoing call - just turn the head unit volume to what you want.  Works on my Corolla GR Sport.

I was calling my other half and whilst ringing i used the volume control and it went louder so i could hear it.

No tried that, head volume is at full, only way is down.

14 hours ago, PhilMoreau said:

Unless I'm missing something the Incoming phone volume level is too low and I cant find a way to change it. Found the mic audio out volume setting but not the incoming level. Its not controlled by the main volume control or the steering wheel control, how strange!! 

Hi Phil

And for what its worth I have noticed the same thing - callers voice is very quiet even with the volume on the head unit turned right up. No idea how to get round this. 

Hi Tintin, Looks like we have identical models and age. I'll drop Toyota an email not that they have ever been of any use to me. The manual says that drive off auto door locking can be activated by your dealer my dealer says not on this model.

I've noticed that if the volume on my phone is low, the volume in the car is low too and I have to crank up the volume on the media unit. I've now set the volume on my phone to the loudest setting and don't seem to have this problem any more.

It might be worth a try.

• 1 year later...

My husband’s 2021 Camry Sport volume on incoming calls is extremely low to the point that you cannot hear anything the caller is saying.  We’ve tried all the fixes: turning up radio volume on the dash, turning up radio volume on the steering wheel, setting his phone in the car to high volume and my phone to high volume.  None of these measures make an iota of difference.  HELP!

I worked suggest the issue is your phone volume is set low, turn this up, making sure it’s the call volume and not media volume

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links