Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Toyota estima 2009 G spec - AUX input


Recommended Posts

Hi all 

I am just about to buy a 2009 G spec hybrid Estima. 

Does anyone know if they ha an AUX input port?

I am not keen on changing the entire head unit  and would be happy to use my phone for the music

Thanks a bunch 

Mateusz 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I’ve recently bought a 2006 G spec and took it to a car audio specialist to enquire about replacing the headunit.

When they came back in they said they’d found an aux in, in case I wanted to use my phone in the meantime…although I forgot to ask where it was and I can’t seem to find it myself…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 10:11 AM, Mateusz42 said:

Hi all 

I am just about to buy a 2009 G spec hybrid Estima. 

Does anyone know if they ha an AUX input port?

I am not keen on changing the entire head unit  and would be happy to use my phone for the music. 

Thanks a bunch 

Mateusz 

Any luck with this @Mateusz42 and  @Trg1244? Did you located the aux?

 

@Mateusz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paulscarbs said:

Should be in the rear armrest (left hand side).

Is this it (on the back of the front armrest)

IMG_20220524_140210.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, osmanmails said:

Is this it (on the back of the front armrest)

IMG_20220524_140210.jpg

Yes, that’s the one. Some are on rear armrest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Trg1244 said:

Mine looks different to that… still can’t find it 🤷🏼‍♂️

It may have a flap, but it will be three phono sockets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Paulscarbs said:

It may have a flap, but it will be three phono sockets.

It looks like this

1653568201904266978237934248519.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Trg1244 said:

It’s right in the back by the third row seating on mine

Mine too...left hand side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, for those not wanting to remove the custom stereo unit, is AUX the only option? Has anyone managed to do anything other than this, more smart, like USB or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, osmanmails said:

So, for those not wanting to remove the custom stereo unit, is AUX the only option? Has anyone managed to do anything other than this, more smart, like USB or something?

Yes, install an ApplePlay device. Can be purchased for around £60.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Paulscarbs. Bear with me please. So, the stereo I have is the standard one that comes with the car.  image.jpeg.6e0da9ab877b7e329017e725809f3a89.jpeg

Thanks to thread above, I've managed to locate and (as of the last 1hr) connect the AUX input phono leads to my phone, that was successful.

 

You mentioned an ApplePlay device:

 

1. If I purchased this dongle could I use the existing stereo interface? I thought the unit had to be Apple Car Play compatible?

2. Is there an Android equiv? (edit: Ok, I think I know this now, it's Android Auto)

 

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it’s one of the dongles that give you wireless carplay then yes, you’d need to already have carplay on the headunit. And even then they’re laggy and prone to crashing.

maybe it’s a different adapter, but I can’t see how you can get carplay on an old head unit…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Trg1244 said:

If it’s one of the dongles that give you wireless carplay then yes, you’d need to already have carplay on the headunit. And even then they’re laggy and prone to crashing.

maybe it’s a different adapter, but I can’t see how you can get carplay on an old head unit…

Yeh that's what's confusing me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beg Hau, on Facebook, has fitted many units. Since I no longer have my Estima, I cannot properly advise. However, it is my understanding that an Apple CarPlay device can connect to the existing head unit (select the one with the right connector) and will use the Aux input whereby you may manage your phone. The only thing I am uncertain about is whether the phone will need to be connected or not - it does in my Transit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not CarPlay its just Apple AirPlay - No the radio doesn't support AA/AC

you need to bite the bullet and replace the radio as its JDM only, the radio has the wrong range and tuning steps among other issues

Android bluetooth AUX in is possible  and can be done cheaply, be aware of the new phone laws - in simple terms you are not allowed to touch your phone while in control of the car

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Its not CarPlay its just Apple AirPlay - No the radio doesn't support AA/AC

you need to bite the bullet and replace the radio as its JDM only, the radio has the wrong range and tuning steps among other issues

Android Bluetooth AUX in is possible  and can be done cheaply, be aware of the new phone laws - in simple terms you are not allowed to touch your phone while in control of the car

Yeh I agree, anything short of a replacement feels sub optimal.

I believe the stereo replacements for the Estima that accommodate the readily available fascia are either 9" or 10.1" stereos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avoid the no name Chinese junk of the likes of eBay and AliExpress, these android units are nothing more than a glorified tablet

you can get a double din surround for £55-75 like the InCar Tec 50-663

https://incartec.co.uk/product/Toyota-Estima-Previa-2006-double-DIN-fascia-adapter-panel-50-663

then you can go with any double din you like

if you want AA/AC, DAB and the like, SPH-EVO62DAB for around the £400 mark

 

if you want something without AA/AC but, cd player, radio like a more traditional radio - AVH-A240DAB  or mechless Pioneer DMH-A240DAB

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Avoid the no name Chinese junk of the likes of eBay and AliExpress, these android units are nothing more than a glorified tablet

you can get a double din surround for £55-75 like the InCar Tec 50-663

https://incartec.co.uk/product/Toyota-Estima-Previa-2006-double-DIN-fascia-adapter-panel-50-663

then you can go with any double din you like

if you want AA/AC, DAB and the like, SPH-EVO62DAB for around the £400 mark

 

if you want something without AA/AC but, cd player, radio like a more traditional radio - AVH-A240DAB  or mechless Pioneer DMH-A240DAB

 

I'm guessing with the right harness I can keep my middle seat DVD player and steering controls with the Pioneer DMH-A240DAB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, flash22 said:

How is the DVD controlled ? Is it not region locked ?

I just play my authentic DVDs (not rips) via the master stereo at the front and that automatically pings it to the flip out DVD at the back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership