Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota estima 2009 G spec - AUX input

Mateusz42

I’m going to get the headunit replaced, most likely with a single DIN unit with floating 9 inch display. I just felt given the size of the Estima a double DIN would look a bit lost as they’re restricted to a 7 inch screen. I’m going to upgrade the front and rear cameras at the same time.

The cost of the fascia, harness, DAB antennae, and anything else, plus fitting will cost £400 -£500 so bear that in mind, but if you get a professional to do it they’ll most likely know what they’re doing and be able to do it more neatly and more quickly.

Here’s a recent post from Ben Hau. This CarPlay device is fitted to a 20 series Alphard, the bigger sister to the Estima.

BA16B454-76B1-4431-93E8-F5E134863961.jpeg

Seems he’s the only one who can do this on Alphard, and he uses the video channel on the headunit. 
From what users on an Alphard forum are saying he charges about £350 and is in Birmingham.

Everything else on the unit remains in Japanese tho

• Thanks 1

ah, i know what he is using - they are fine while working but are unsupported android so if they update they tend to get corrupted - it uses the Gvif interface in place of the nav so gives you touch screen and video

if not its direct connect to the LCD via a ribbon cable

I think I know what I’d prefer…

He’s been doing this for a couple of years now and I haven’t heard of a dissatisfied customer yet.

• 1 year later...

Ive been looking for a solution for the last year but have come to the realisation its not possible to enhance the original head unit which i want to keep because of the useful hybrid information.  There was a Malaysian company called JDM i think who had an FM transmiter which incorporated garmin maps . But this was discontinued. Another company i think FSK had a mirror link for the estima but again dont think you can get this again. There is a unit called Carabc. But think this only works with touch2 type head units. I also have an Ahr20 Estima hybrid G spec 2009 of which i dont think has a usb interface so very limited with what you can do. Ive just added a portable screen by carpuride for satnav. Android auto ect

Mirror link devices are still available as far as I know. You may wish to consider Apple Play or Android Auto.

Do bear in mind that any system will be a display only option.