Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Software update?

Dozzydoe

Hello, just got my wife a C-HR 2019. Very pleased so. Have no issues just trying to find out how stuff works.

I do not find the media system easy to use. I dislike the nav system. Also the salesman said its very easy to mate phone to the system ,iphone or android.

While trying to use our phones android with the car i soon found out that "car play" is not on our year!

So ,my first question is, while going through menus i found the software to be 6.11.2WH and sure maps said 2019. i think i read that maps have to be paid for but being i do not like the fitted nav i wont bother but should update software? ifso is it a MD or can we do it ourselfs?

thank you

Firstly, have you registered with MyT

https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/

You will need to register your Multimedia unit. Once done, there is an option to purchase maps, which are free for the first three years. So, you may be entitled to free map updates, even though it says they will cost £119. Click on the map, it will take you to another page, which may show "Free with Map care" if the maps are free to you.

Sorry, meant to add that you can do the map update yourself.

Thanks for the link. just stated a account on the website but can not find any option to register the media unit.

Then go to your Owned cars. Click on that and scroll down. You should see "Your device: Toyota TouchXXX" Click on this and you will see a link that takes you to the Toyota eStore.

Click this link and you'll see another link asking you to make sure your media unit is registered. This is the link you need.

They don't make it easy, do they?

Jeeeezzzz, what a web page,its a nightmare. managed to register the unit and verify the car to check service history etc.

found the page with available purchases but could not click on any,even the ones to pay for. my maps was dated 2018, europe was free but again could not click.

now i can not get back on the media page.

i managed to download maps for uk+eu ,it said free and have no idea if its the 2018 already installed or later.

the dowload was done on a laptop with mytoyota NOT the phone app.

i looked online how to install and it said when you download the maps from my purchases/downloads you get a security key number. i have none of that.

i can not find on the pc version or phone app updating the unit software. dont know if mine is old like the mates etc.

Have you checked what version you’ve downloaded? You can download what is already installed for free, but it won’t be latest version.

Software updates are also packaged within map updates.

You can buy the map/software updates on eBay for around £35.

They will supply links to download - which is onto your desktop, then unpack zip file, Copy and paste onto formatted 32GB flash drive. Once you start installing in car, message them and they will give you the code required to install.

I used eBay for my wife’s previous Yaris and had no issues at all. All worked fine. Toyota are also doing a 3 year package for maps, software, cameras, fuel, weather etc for £119 on MyT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links