Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Media centre and phone linking?

Dozzydoe

Had the 2019 for couple weeks now and trying to use our phones with the system like the saleman said it could. We can get the phone paired and use for calls etc BUT can not get google maps to show on the screen.

We are not spring chickens so new tech can be a challenge. So looked on youtube and even the unit we have seems a unkown, with Toyota Touch 2, Toyota Touch & Go, and Toyota touch & go plus being fitted to our year.

On you tube many have "mirror linked" theie phones with link apps ans car app lauchers. I have tried many of each with no luck.

i would at least like to be able to use google maps,with our android phones.

is there a easy way to link phone to media unit,seen many just use usb from phone to usb socket in front of gear lever and pretty much all phone apps etc show on the unit.

it took me a week of trying to realise "car play" is not even fitted to our unit!!

2019 is a change year so you colud have either:

• earlier Touch 2 system ( internally called MM16 ) this is an all touch screen and screen mirroring is all but impossible on modern phones
  • later Touch 2 ( internally called MM19 ) this will have two knobs and a series of silver button down the sides this sytem has Apple carplay and android auto to allow screen mirroring

10 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Later Touch 2 ( internally called MM19 )

This is an image of the Touch 2 MM19.

I've never used carplay or connected via cable. I tend to use the inbuilt satnav rather than Google maps

mm19.jpg

I have found that mine is the MM16 ,just registered it on "mytoyota"

Ihave seen this unit working with mirror apps on youtube with android phones.

Does this forum allow links to youtube? i can link it,i do not think its a scam regards getting it working. its all free to download apps on google store etc.

33 minutes ago, Dozzydoe said:

Does this forum allow links to youtube?

If the youtube video is in another language, it won't be applicable to the majority of the Club's members. Bear in mind that most youtube videos earn money from subscribers, so they are not impartial and there to provide income for the youtuber. Advertising would not be allowed.

Also be aware that the US, Canada and Australia use a different multimedia system to Europe (Touch 2) - and will probably not apply to UK systems.

34 minutes ago, Dozzydoe said:

I have found that mine is the MM16 ,just registered it on "mytoyota"

Ihave seen this unit working with mirror apps on youtube with android phones.

Does this forum allow links to youtube? i can link it,i do not think its a scam regards getting it working. its all free to download apps on google store etc.

Any form of mirroring on the MM16 is effectively hacks/work around's and not natively supported in the head unit as whilst Toyota signed up to Mirrorlink, Mirrorlink quickly bowed to app developers/users and allowed access to apps that Toyota deemed unsafe to operate whilst driving so MM16 is only compatible with version 1.0 of Mirrorlink which was only native on some old Nokia Symbian models and an un-updated Samsung Galaxy S3.

Android and Apple never really took much notice of Mirrorlink as they went their own way with Android auto & Apple carplay 

I am getting more confused the more i read.

So is there any way i can at least get google maps to work on the screen rather than the iffy supplied system?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links