Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just got back from the USA

Trewithy

Just got back from the USA where I saw a great number of Corolla salons and just a few Corolla hatchbacks. Lexus is popular as is Acura, Honda's luxury division.  I would say salon cars still outnumber SUVs.  The Rav 4 is an average size SUV over there.  Size wise anything goes, I saw many Honda Fits (Jazz) and Minis and every size car all the way up a few monster Chevrolet SUVs that make a Range Rover look pretty ordinary.  In cities where multi lane highways converge there was a lot of lane changing and I saw several smashed up cars, car insurance is expensive out there.  Away from the cities the interstate highways were no different to our motorways, they just had a much wider central reservation.  

Also a litre of regular gas equates to 86p.

32 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Also a litre of regular gas equates to 86p.

Bear in mind their gals are 3.79 litres, not the imp gals at 4.54 litres.

2 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Bear in mind their gals are 3.79 litres, not the imp gals at 4.54 litres.

Yes I was aware of that.  In US supermarkets the most common way to buy milk is in gallon containers.  At first I thought it was strange but the plastic container is obviously smaller than a UK gallon. 

• Like 1