Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyway to make my Auris 1.6 (97kw) faster

master112

Hey guys , i want to know what performance modifications i can do to make more power in my auris , any ideas and what have you guys done , i know there is a Auris TRD , which is supercharged which is pretty cool and also i would like to upgrade suspension / lower , any ideas for that? and does anyone know a website where i can buy accessories and performance parts 

Sell it and buy a faster car.

It's the cheapest, easiest, safest, and least time consuming performance upgrade you can do. 

• Like 2

On 5/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, master112 said:

Hey guys , i want to know what performance modifications i can do to make more power in my auris , any ideas and what have you guys done , i know there is a Auris TRD , which is supercharged which is pretty cool and also i would like to upgrade suspension / lower , any ideas for that? and does anyone know a website where i can buy accessories and performance parts 

In my day it was ... Air filter, straight through wide bore exhaust, and ECU remapping. That got you 10 to 20pc more power. Now if you start at 100hp and go to 120 then that's not much of a gain.

If you had a turbo car then replacing a few valves and putting a bigger intercooler gave you more scope for remapping and performance gains. Good example was my brother's mitsubishi colt turbo. 160hp 970kg car. He got that running at nearly 300hp. One of the fastest cars on the road at the time. So long as the road was dry. Bit of a sleeper.

As for your Auris I wouldn't bother to be honest. You won't really notice the mods much and you'll be thousands of pounds down. As the other poster said, just get a faster car, like a Fiesta ST. 

I drive the RAV4 PHEV which is just perfect as I needed an AWD SUV that was super cheap on company car tax (I basically got a third off the price). Side benefits are it costs me next to nothing to run (54 mile EV range at the moment) and the 306hp DIN of mostly all electric AWD torque means I'm at 60 in 5.5sec and going from 50 to 70 is faster than a supra. Feels almost instant going from 70 to 100 too which is honestly a big problem. Point here is there are a lot of standard unmodified mass produced sleepers on the road so tickling with a few extra hp and stiffer ride doesn't really make any odds.

If you want to go fast, you don't need power, decent tyres, uprated and lowered suspension (not coilovers) then on to uprated brakes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you just looking for performance mods, or styling mods too?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links