Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote climate control in MyT app

JakesYarisHybrid

Hello to you Yaris drivers.

I have just purchased a new (used) Yaris Excel Hybrid 21-registration. I’m very pleased with it but before purchase, I was told it would be possible to set the climate control from my phone in advance before entering the car but after purchase and setting up the car in the application, it appears that it’s not a feature on my model but I have the latest model? Please can someone advise? 

Nothing I’m aware of on our 22 plate Design.

It's not a feature on the yaris, it would require the remote start function

I've got it on my 2022 Dynamic, it's definitely avaliable on the Yaris.

Screenshot_20220513-183208_MyT.jpg

• Like 1

op has a 21 plate, i don't believe it wasn't an option until MY22 or 21.5

the dynamic has been dropped, and the lunch edition was replaced with the GR sport

• Like 1

I have the function on my 21 plate dynamic, registered January 2022

• Like 2

Does it work? Have you used it?

It’s seems strange how some and others don’t have the feature considering it’s the latest model..

I knew i'd read it somewhere: 'From summer 2021, MyT functions extended to include remote operation of the car’s hazard 
lights, the climate control and door locking and unlocking. The functionality is standard on 
Dynamic and Excel grade models.'

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/210713M-Yaris-Full-Release-1.pdf

• Like 1

Hi its on our 2021 Yaris Cross My T App, you can remotely start the car for 10/15/20 mins ...The TEMP will be what it was set to when you last set it in the car.

It does work, I tried it one very frosty morning in January for 10 mins and it did clear all the ice from the screen.

• Like 1

The services are connected but there’s no climate control function. I was told that it is possible to do it before I bought it. The car was registered in May 2021.6ACDAD5C-2567-4DA4-BDA3-784DDC63723D.thumb.jpeg.ad6fbb98e56b4b7f4e96c0a4ae13011b.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Starensis said:

I tried it today before I went out, it definitely turned on but I opened the car before 10 minutes was up. Could be good to use in winter 

• Like 1

Would imagine  - if you have it, it would only be applicable on keyless start cars?

• Like 1

Yes the the excel model i have is keyless entry/push button start.

• Like 1

IMHO, since you just got the car, go to the dealer, tell them the saleperson said it had this ability (Or find the saleperson and ask them how to get the feature they told you about to work) and make it their problem.

The fact that they sold the car to you with this as a stated feature makes it up to them to sort it out.

It might be yours does have it but they forgot to activate it or pair your car to your account properly.

Either they get it to work or you have some leverage for a free service or something for being falsely adverted a feature. It's not your fault the saleperson doesn't know their own product line!

• Like 1

I think I’ll try that. Thanks to everyone for your time and support!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, JakesYarisHybrid said:

Hello to you Yaris drivers.

I have just purchased a new (used) Yaris Excel Hybrid 21-registration. I’m very pleased with it but before purchase, I was told it would be possible to set the climate control from my phone in advance before entering the car but after purchase and setting up the car in the application, it appears that it’s not a feature on my model but I have the latest model? Please can someone advise? 

On 5/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Starensis said:

Nothing I’m aware of on our 22 plate Design.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:52 PM, flash22 said:

It's not a feature on the yaris, it would require the remote start function

On 5/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, JakesYarisHybrid said:

It’s seems strange how some and others don’t have the feature considering it’s the latest model..

13 hours ago, TimChapman said:

I knew i'd read it somewhere: 'From summer 2021, MyT functions extended to include remote operation of the car’s hazard 
lights, the climate control and door locking and unlocking. The functionality is standard on 
Dynamic and Excel grade models.'

https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/210713M-Yaris-Full-Release-1.pdf

8 hours ago, JakesYarisHybrid said:

The services are connected but there’s no climate control function. I was told that it is possible to do it before I bought it. The car was registered in May 2021.6ACDAD5C-2567-4DA4-BDA3-784DDC63723D.thumb.jpeg.ad6fbb98e56b4b7f4e96c0a4ae13011b.jpeg

5 hours ago, Starensis said:

Would imagine  - if you have it, it would only be applicable on keyless start cars?

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

IMHO, since you just got the car, go to the dealer, tell them the saleperson said it had this ability (Or find the saleperson and ask them how to get the feature they told you about to work) and make it their problem.

The fact that they sold the car to you with this as a stated feature makes it up to them to sort it out.

It might be yours does have it but they forgot to activate it or pair your car to your account properly.

Either they get it to work or you have some leverage for a free service or something for being falsely adverted a feature. It's not your fault the saleperson doesn't know their own product line!

2 hours ago, JakesYarisHybrid said:

I think I’ll try that. Thanks to everyone for your time and support!

The remote Climate function was introduced with MY21.5 cars for which order books opened in July 21 the feature is only available on models with Dual zone climate which at the time was Dynamic, Excel & launch Edition.

The feature is dependent on the DCM ( Data control module ) model installed and cannot be retro fitted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would they fit an updated DCM that supports it as part of the DCM recall...?

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Would they fit an updated DCM that supports it as part of the DCM recall...?

No the recall is a software update to correct a potential fault it does not upgrade the systems abilities 

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:07 PM, Cowgirl said:

I have the function on my 21 plate dynamic, registered January 2022

That's very strange, you would think it would be available on my 21 excel.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, Starensis said:

I have once or twice when it was cold. It just turns it on to the setting you left it on. Eerie walking up to your car and it's engine is running but it's all locked up. My Yaris I got December 2021.

Is it allowed in UK to leave ICE on when car is parked ? In Italy is forbidden ( even if you are inside the car ) and you can be fined. 

Moreover if you allow the car to turn on ICE when it's parked in a closed area ( eg. private or public garage ) the risk of be poisoned by CO is very high.  I don't think that the car is so smart to understand if it's parked in an open or a closed area or it has a CO sensor to stop ICE and disable remote climate function in case it could be dangerous. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RickyC said:

Is it allowed in UK to leave ICE on when car is parked ? In Italy is forbidden ( even if you are inside the car ) and you can be fined. 

Moreover if you allow the car to turn on ICE when it's parked in a closed area ( eg. private or public garage ) the risk of be poisoned by CO is very high.  I don't think that the car is so smart to understand if it's parked in an open or a closed area or it has a CO sensor to stop ICE and disable remote climate function in case it could be dangerous. 

I haven’t experimented with mine yet but I can tell you my 22 lexus did remotely start and warm up or cool down to a small range of preset temperatures.   The same applied - it was up to the owner to ensure it was not in an enclosed garage or other space and it was off the public road as it is also illegal here.  I believe it’s called “quitting” to leave an engine running on a public road.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, Cyker said:

*UPDATE*

As the feature was fundamental to myself for having to do long commutes at stupid hours in the morning, I would benefit with the feature in the winter months having the ability to preheat the car. I decided to contact the dealer and explained it didn't have the feature when I was told it had. In the end, I decided to purchase a brand new one as there may be no recall or possibility to update, having been in contact with Toyota head office UK. Please do not quote me on this but as previously mentioned in the topic, if anyone would like this feature available, make sure you purchase a Dynamic or Excel grade that is registered July 2021 onwards - please refer to... https://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/pdf/210713M-Yaris-Full-Release-1.pdf

Thanks again to all for your help and support. I hope others find this useful. Many happy miles with your Yaris Hybrid!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:16 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The remote Climate function was introduced with MY21.5 cars for which order books opened in July 21 the feature is only available on models with Dual zone climate which at the time was Dynamic, Excel & launch Edition.

That wasn't made clear to me at time of sale. Admittedly this is a minor point for me, though, I keep the car in the garage, and more so in the summer. I have don't have the dual zone CC, but it may have persuaded me to go for a specification that had it. I ordered my car 31/08/2021.

• Like 1