Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didn't have but have now

Posted (edited)

I know there has been a lot written and a lot of opinions but today I took the plunge and converted my HB boot to hold a spare wheel. I collected the parts mainly online, genuine brand new, but also had some pleasant surprises with main dealer prices. A couple of parts I obtained were second hand, only to discover that I could have bought new for not much more.

This is a list of parts I used:-

64997-02120 box, deck floor, LH   £7.99

64995-02060 box, deck floor, RH   £6.99

6472610020C2 clip for deck floor box (x2)  £2

These are the parts that hold the jack, wheel brace etc

64730-02290C1 Panel assembly, deck trim side, RH £39

64740-02280C1 Panel assembly, deck trim side, LH £39

These are the actual side trims in the boot

58410-02060 board assembly, deck   £99.99

This is the top, deck floor.

64716-02170 Cover, deck trim, rear spare wheel lock trim   £17 (really and genuine Toyota!)

This is the plastic trim that goes at the front of the boot near the rear bumper .. it is shaped differently from the non spare wheel version, several members have mentioned ‘a bit of trim in the way preventing the wheel to go in the well.’ It also has 2 holes that the ‘box, deck floor’ attach to.

6407002020C1 (box assembly, deck floor, front)   £28.79 second hand eBay

90119-W0037 box assembly, deck floor, front bolt / washer (x2)  £2

This fits at the back of the boot by the back seats, the deck floor attaches to it.

58331-02170 Bracket, luggage compartment trim no1 (online £4.99)

58332-02120 Bracket, luggage compartment trim no2 (dealer £4.28 inc vat)

These are 2 brackets that fit behind the boot side panels, they secure the top of the ‘box assembly, deck floor, front’

6474302050C0 (board, deck trim side, lower R/H)

6474402060C0 (board, deck trim side, lower L/H)   £21.59 pair second hand eBay (subsequently discovered I could have bought new for practically the same price)

These attach to the sides of the boot trim.

58415-02060-C0 (board, rear floor, no1)   dealer £10.08 inc vat

A piece of carpet/ trim that goes on top of ‘box assembly, deck floor, front’

5193102320  Toyota Corolla Hatchback Spare Wheel Carrier Screw 2019 –  £1

Total cost £284.70, plus various postage, around £300.

Forgot to mention .. 1.8 HB, no option of spare wheel.

Edited by 50p
missed a bit
  • Like 3

I think they offer now spare as option when order new. This is perhaps one of the best extras as it makes the floor level with the seats folded and the car becomes like a little estate , very handy for ikea trips 👌👍

• Like 2

It is a no cost option on the 1.8 Design. Emissions go up by 1g and there is the loss of boot space.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kental said:

It is a no cost option on the 1.8 Design. Emissions go up by 1g and there is the loss of boot space.

I have an Excel so no option available .. unless that has changed now with the latest version?

Edited by 50p
spelling mistake

Might be a new addition - They keep trying to get rid of the spare when they release a new model, but then every customer demands one, so they end up putting it back in at least as an optional package in later revisions :laugh: 

I kinda wish the emissions tests would exclude the spare tyre from the test, if the extra weight is what is making manufacturers compromise safety just to get their CO2 rating down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TazUddin said:

I've a 1.8 design 19 plate. Hatchback and I got offered spare wheel and took the option

I bought my car second hand so didn't have the choice, also not an option on the Excel :taz:

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, 50p said:

I have an Excel so no option available .. unless that has changed now with the latest version?

On the pricelist both a spare and TRK available on 1.8 Hatch Icon, Icon Tech & Design, the Excel & GR Sport is TRK only

• Like 1