Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV alarm fault?

Flatcoat

The alarm has started going off randomly over the past 2 evenings. Struggling to find a cause. Anyone else had this problem? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

The alarm has started going off randomly over the past 2 evenings. Struggling to find a cause. Anyone else had this problem? 

No problems whatsoever in 9 months of having the car. That includes parked at 20 degrees elevation and under low flying combat aircraft. 

Adrian, I had the same thing a few months back and have never subscribed to the flying insect theory. But that is exactly what it was a very small flying insect, located the beast opened the window and it's never gone off again.

• Like 1

Well it looks as though it may have been a moth coming out to play each evening. Alarm went off Saturday evening, opened car felt a moth however was unsure if I had got it out. Alarm sounded off again Sunday evening and this time saw the moth fluttering around under the sunroof. Opened roof and off it went. Hopefully finally sorted. Next quest is to find a bug zapper for a car…… 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Well it looks as though it may have been a moth coming out to play each evening. Alarm went off Saturday evening, opened car felt a moth however was unsure if I had got it out. Alarm sounded off again Sunday evening and this time saw the moth fluttering around under the sunroof. Opened roof and off it went. Hopefully finally sorted. Next quest is to find a bug zapper for a car…… 

I've got a rechargeable lantern which is completely rinseable. Has UV lights and an electrocution grid inside it. Works really well and lasts 2 nights running. About hand sized. Think it was 25 quid off Amazon

• Like 1