Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Online services

partsbear

Hi hoping i can get some help from the forum members on this problem.

I have just got this week a new rav4 excel awd-i with jbl and pvm. loving the car and the spec, not very pleased with the fact of Toyota increasing the list price of it above the 40k level so i now have to pay £510 ved instead of £165 but then again i am not alone on that one (best left alone i think).

anyway i have got my bluetooth phone linked, my wifi sharing sorted, and i have input my toyota login and password into the multimedia system, that is where my problem starts.

everytime i now power up the vehicle i get the message saying "username or password not correct". i find this very odd as i have used the same details that i have to log into my Toyota app on my phone and also the Toyota account on my laptop/desktop.

can anyone please advise me what i am doing wrong, or if it is possible to rest my multimedia headunit and delete the account details i have entered in to to try and start again.

strangest part is that just after i got it the weather, parking, fuel apps worked but now just say toyota online not setup, when i go to try and set up it just says as above username/password in correct.

please help me lol.

You know that the account is good, so the most likely explanation is that you have made a 'mistake' when entering the username or password. I assume that you have triple checked everything already but note all the obvious things like 'case', l and 1, O and 0 etc. etc.

Check the the head unit is set to remember the password so that you don't need to repeat the process each time you set off. (Remembering is the default I believe but it's probably worth checking that it is set that way.)

I think it’s most likely as Philip has suggested a miss match in the user name/password on one of the accounts. If I get into this situation I usually ask my wife to double check the inputs as after awhile I find I get word blind and see what I want to see rather than what’s written.

If this is not the case, and you say you’ve double checked, then it may well be a server issue. There is history of the server systems on different platforms needing time to catch up.

I think it took mine a couple of weeks before everything worked. Just different accounts and registrations needing to catch up and sync.

Special characters may also have an effect.

21 minutes ago, kucyk said:

How many characters in your password? 

10 CHARACTERS

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

I think it took mine a couple of weeks before everything worked. Just different accounts and registrations needing to catch up and sync.

Thank you that may be the case here i think

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Special characters may also have an effect.

i had to reset my password just before i got the car and it asked for a special character in the password.

• Like 1

Yes, it wants a special character. Somewhere on the forum there is a thread where the special character was thought to be the issue with the password and MyT. If I remember correctly, the "&" character seemed to be the issue, with "!" being acceptable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big_D said:

Yes, it wants a special character. Somewhere on the forum there is a thread where the special character was thought to be the issue with the password and MyT. If I remember correctly, the "&" character seemed to be the issue, with "!" being acceptable.

I've used the "&" character in mine and don't seem to have an issue.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links