Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management and VSC lights

dtanov

Hi guys

I'm writing this on behalf of my mother who has a 2005 4x4 petrol Rav4.

The 2 warnings lights have been illuminated for years and never really bothered her but I'm hoping to get them fixed. 

I took the car to Toyota and after the diagnostics I was told it would need a new catalytic converter which is causing both errors. However, it's such an old car, the cat was too expensive so we went down the decat route. 

However, the warning lights are still present. They've been cleared but still come back. Does some coding need doing or a different sensor installing? What's the best solution here?

Thank you

As you're in the UK, removing the catalytic converter will probably be an MOT fail.

• Like 1

No the car is in Bulgaria which is also a fail but the test centres are a lot more relaxed compared to the UK.

17 minutes ago, dtanov said:

the car is in Bulgaria

Would have been helpful to say that initially.

46 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would have been helpful to say that initially.

Sorry about that, didn't think it would make a difference. A cat isn't going back on and we just want the lights to come off 

Can you find out what the codes are?

What lights are on also?

Sounds like an O2 sensor may need replacing but you've not given us much information to go on so far!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Can you find out what the codes are?

What lights are on also?

Sounds like an O2 sensor may need replacing but you've not given us much information to go on so far!

I will try and find the original diagnostic results from Toyota and post them on here tomorrow. The o2 sensor does make sense to be fair, I don't think it's ever been changed.