Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris XP130 (Mk3) 2017 Cruise Control

mmisch

Hello, I tried to create an account on Yarisworld, but no succes, no activation mails, no response from admins, nothing, so here's my story:

I have bought a cruise control stalk from Aliexpress and I need to say, it works, (without removing the airbag, i fiddled my fingers trough and connected it that way, bit clumsy to test while driving but it actually does work! Check video)

I removed every bit of plastic, but the only thing I can not remove is the airbag, there are no screws or anything, got a hole on the bottom, but it does nothing, got the cover where the stalk normally goes, and also nothing..I literally searched everywhere but it seems that almost every model has a pin they can push so the airbag/horn assembly pops out (or 2 torx screws on each side), but I dont have that.

Can someone please help me out, I have the cruise control, it works, now I want it installed and I really want to know how I can remove the Airbag/horn assembly from the steering wheel

(couldn't upload pictures like the video; error -200)

20220419-164614-1.jpg

20220419-164643-1.jpg

20220419-164711-1.jpg

Moved to the Yaris club.

Also have a look at:

55 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Moved to the Yaris club.

Also have a look at:

I already saw that one but that doesn't explain the problem I am facing right now, my question is how I can remove the airbag/horn assembly from the steering wheel, because my holes doesn't have anything in them (like a metal pin or something)

There are a few thread about CC on here - i have some pics in a thread somewhere, may be when i was doing the gauge swap

you use a flat ended tool through the hole in the bottom of the wheel to release the spring, i took me 15-20 min the first time, done a few since now its a 1-2 min job

Always disconnect the Battery for 15-20 min's before touching anything to do with the airbag system

see the pic below, push the flat ended tool in till you feel the spring then push, pull the lower edge of the airbag up and towards you, once released let it rest - push it up to release the 2 upper pegs

288027909_xp130bagrelease.thumb.JPG.2d5bec4eba2306fbf29f20eeca75008b.JPG

PS. yarisworld is US based and has been dying for many years - it's very quiet on there, never seen an admin or mod on the forum

Thanks about the information about yarisworld and seeing that picture,  it kinda looks u have the same steering wheel as me.

I tried it on the bottom hole previous times but no success, will try it again now (after I wait for the Battery to rest) and hopefully I will succeed, i'll keep u updated

5 minutes in, not succesfull, but, i think I see the same thing, like that kinda spring thingy, is it correct that this is the same thing circled in yours pic and mines? (I'm looking from the stalk hole on the right side)

Screenshot_20220514-172259_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220514_172427.jpg

do not pull that spring out !!!! - it only comes out one way

it's done through the lower hole push the tool in a short way until you find the metal, you will find the channel move the tool left and right to make sure you're in, then push up you will feel the spring tension

if it helps i have a spare wheel, i can take pics of

• Like 1

No i won't pull that out, but it kinda looks like I dont have that lever where i can push it in.. even if i put a screwdriver all the way in, Well i don't know if it's just my yaris that has this design but it seems the previous models were much better and easier. Maybe the spare wheel helps,

What are these for actually? When I had all those plastic surroundings off I also saw 1 in the upper right corner and 1 in the upper left, maybe another retaining mechanism or something?

20220514_175854.jpg

20220514_175943.jpg

try using a tool with a flat end, like an Allen key or a hex bit

those posts and spring hold the airbag

edit. it's not a straight shot tilt the tool towards you

• Like 1

I'm trying not with a allen key, can u see the lever pin via that stalk housing? Because I can't, that big post and spring is in my way

You can't see it, you have to do it by feel alone

• Like 1

YESSSS IT WORKED, OMG that tilting worked and i didnt even saw what i was doing!!

• Like 1

Problem 2, now its hanging on those 2  springs i talked about earlier

Edit; got it out, just had to pull a bit harder

Edited by mmisch
  • Like 1

now its popped push up or pull from the top while pushing it slightly at the top, the post is a notch/hook with a spring pushing against it

• Like 1

Progress untill now

Question: what is the brown cable for? I also cant post anymore for today.. i made pics for progress

IMG-20220514-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20220514-WA0004.jpeg

20220514_183125.jpg

• Like 2

See my first post, it shows the stalk and 2 screws. it plugs into the left socket on the clock spring

• Like 1

Here was the end result of yesterday, now I only need p/n 45186-0D030-C0 for the stalk cover but I will ask that at my local Toyota dealer, for the time being I can do it without the cover :smile:

20220514_182847.jpg

20220514_185131.jpg

20220514_185639.jpg

20220514_190011.jpg

• 5 months later...

Apologies for hijacking this thread but better to keep the topic in a single thread.

I love cruise control but my 2014 1.4 diesel Mk3 doesnt have it fitted from factory.

Reading lots of different threads on this forum there is a wealth of information (big thanks to Flash22 Bob) so I took the plunge and ordered a cheap stalk.  On the off chance I needed extra wiring I also ordered an extra wiring kit (single wire ~ 1.8m long and an earthing wire ~ 30cm long) as in the attached pictures.

From the advice on here getting the airbag off was a cinch with a T25 torx screwdriver pushed up through the steering wheel hole.  The flat head of the torx sits nicely on the end of the retaining spring and about a 1cm further push releases the bottom lug of the airbag.  Incidentally I found it also helped to release the tension on the spring when I was putting the airbag back in.

The stalk with the short connecting wire slotted in and was screwed into place nice and easy with the other end of the wire clicking nicely home.

Airbag back on and reconnected the Battery but no lights on the dash.

Took the car for a drive and still nothing.

So my question is; is my model programmed to accept the stalk or do I need to add the other wire, OR do I accept I cant fit cruise control?

I read somewhere about shorting two pins to show the light on the dash and I also read about connecting another wire to the ecu (maybe my extra wire) but can't find that info now.

My chassis number is VNKKC3D310A077869 which shows my car as a KSP130,NHP130,NLP130,NSP13# produced in France in July 2014

My pictures are attached for reference.

Cruise control Airbag 4.jpg

Cruise control Airbag 3.jpg

Cruise control Airbag 1.jpg

Cruise control stalk kit.jpg

Cruise control stalk extra wire.jpg

• Like 1

Did you check the wiring under the column ?

I will pick this thread back up later today

• Like 1

I thought i had, i give you your vin details via PM - its an early facelift NLP130R (Euro 5)

only real way to tell is with techstream in the cruise control data list

if the ecu has it, it will show the parameters, if not it will show 1 parameter

With CC

561849275_gen3gtsCCdatalist.thumb.jpg.a7ff1e8123c3de05623dd10b503ef4ed.jpg

Thanks Bob,

So I need to find someone with Techstream to read the settings for me.

I had a poke under the dash a little earlier but couldn't see too much with the plastics in the way.  The very bottom plastic came off easy enough but the next one has SRS Airbag embossed so I didnt go any further without disconnecting the Battery and using YouTube to see how that panel comes out.  Maybe over the weekend.

I thought my days of lying in the footwell on my back with my legs up by the headrest and trying to peak up under the steering column were done but it seems not.  Lucky I'm not too big and still able to be a contortionist !

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, flash22 said:

it plugs into the left socket on the clock spring

Hi Bob,

I have just removed the stalk unit to check the resistances just in case it is faulty, so to start at first basics and move forward from there.  When I removed the stalk and wiring I didnt pay any attention to the existing wiring so can I ask you to clarify the quote above please.  I have just re-read all the posts and spotted your quote.  I plugged mine into the right side socket as I am sat in the drivers seat looking at the gubbins behind the airbag/horn.

I could go and pop the airbag off again to see if there is a left socket and if it is the same plug configuration.

Thank you

That may have been out of context

it's the right-hand socket

and should have 4 pins

click to enlarge, then click again, so it opens in another tab, you can then click again for full zoom

8B75531F-ED88-49F7-82CC-5FD954916E1B.jpe

363169110_YarisCC17-20.thumb.jpg.6f733cd09f32930926077532f731c0e1.jpg

1899444061_mk3spiralpinout(Small).png.c5

CC is pins 1 and 2

• Like 1