Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lightning ⚡️ strike a Prius , car not able to drive afterwards

TonyHSD

Well, 

It’s  a new video of lightning strike a car, this time a Prius gen 2 and for some reason the car was not able to drive afterwards. Here it is: 

• Like 2

Are sure those clever Americans have not just invented a super fast method of Charging the Battery?

• Haha 2

Nah they were just testing their new time machine!

That's a spectacular shot tho', chances of catching that on camera are like the chances of being ....struck.. by... lightning... ... apparently...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About 11 million to one I remember reading once,as opposed to 14 million to one winning the lottery jackpot.

Though that may have changed by now.

Also read that a car is about the safest place to be in a thunderstorm/lightening due to being a Faraday cage effectively.

You're right Cyker a brilliant bit of footage 😊

• Like 2

That’s interesting facts. I wonder why the car stopped, did all that happened fried the electronics? 

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s interesting facts. I wonder why the car stopped, did all that happened fried the electronics? 

Most likely, as it would have with any car, IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I can only guess Tony as I am not knowledgeable on tech stuff.

Bearing in mind that the car body is most likely a negative ground as in when jump starting connect to a metal part rather than negative terminal on the Battery.

And there have been many cases of lightening hitting a TV Ariel on a house roof and thousands of volts shooting into the TV and blowing it up.

I reckon a huge voltage surge like that would knock out all the electronic equipment stopping the car.

This may be all total nonsense of course , flash is the man who understands the tech.

But makes sense to me, so far, I would love to know if some other reason as very interested in why things that are unusual happen.

• Thanks 1

According to the comment replies the diagnostics had found 3 fried ECUs so far!

It's quite impressive how the aerial was completely vapourized! Kinda glad mine has a sharkfin and not a sticky-uppy one now :eek: 

• Like 1