Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Aygo 2011 kettle fob programing


Recommended Posts

Hi all .... bran spanking new to toyota need some Information if anyone can help . just bought a 2011 toyota Aygo nice little car and sadly came with 1 key fob my question  is  can I buy I used key fob from let's say eBay from a different  car and reprogram it and get a key cut from a blank  is this possible... and can I program this my self .

I've bought my self a foxcom bi-direct scanner that does key coding well does everything  or there is another method of opening closing doors is this possible on a used eBay purchase  from another car ? Thanks for your time 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want the new key to start the car then you will also need the tiny immobiliser chip in the key and for someone to program the car to match it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

If you want the new key to start the car then you will also need the tiny immobiliser chip in the key and for someone to program the car to match it.

Thanks for your response  Yes I need the hole lot so can I reprogram a used key fob complete  with key  from ebay  this would be programed to another car  I have the Foxconn bidirectional scanner that does key coding can I over ride the used key Information  with my own car ecu  information  do you no  thanks steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Used key off eBay, get the blade cut, program

foxcom bi-direct scanner ?? do you mean foxwell - you may well need a mini vci with techstream (china clones available)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I paid £106 at my local Toyota Dealership which was the cost of a brand new key and the reprogramming and the key was already cut to use in the ignition.  Took around two weeks to order the key (you need the car documentation to prove ownership before you can order the key) and when in stock they took just over the hour to reprogram the new key while I waited.  I did look at buying a key on eBay and doing it myself but after buying the key and then programming it and paying to have the blade cut I decided I would rather let the experts do it.  It also meant I did not risk shutting down the ECU and leaving the car unusable with the big bill to face.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hornet3D said:

I paid £106 at my local Toyota Dealership which was the cost of a brand new key and the reprogramming and the key was already cut to use in the ignition.  Took around two weeks to order the key (you need the car documentation to prove ownership before you can order the key) and when in stock they took just over the hour to reprogram the new key while I waited.  I did look at buying a key on eBay and doing it myself but after buying the key and then programming it and paying to have the blade cut I decided I would rather let the experts do it.  It also meant I did not risk shutting down the ECU and leaving the car unusable with the big bill to face.  

Ok thank you for that ill have a look at my Foxconn diagnostic  scanner and see what is involved  in reprogram  the key/fob as it does key programming  . But understand what you saying on the ecu ... ok thank you 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will not do any damage to the ecu by adding a key, i can see why you want to go to a dealer with a nearly new car and more than likely give you a discount if you got the car from them as £106 is dirt cheap

also yours is a mk2 the op's is a mk1 - less demand for parts, so prices go up and stock dwindles, that's if the parts are not discontinued

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Used key off ebay, get the blade cut, program

foxcom bi-direct scanner ?? do you mean foxwell - you may well need a mini vci with techstream (china clones available)

Yes sorry foxwell gt65 bidirectional scanner that does key coding haven't tried it yet as don't no if I purchase  a used key fob from eBay off another car  that I can re program it to my ecu via scanner  if that makes scene  thanks steve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Steve1976 said:

Yes sorry foxwell gt65 bidirectional scanner that does key coding haven't tried it yet as don't no if I purchase  a used key fob from ebay off another car  that I can re program it to my ecu via scanner  if that makes scene  thanks steve 

Yes the scanner was Iver £700 comes complete with everything professional  version thanks steve 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a used key is £20-25 a decent locksmith can supply and cut a blade for under £10 a replacement case if required is £4-6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I understand it you may need a new immobiliser chip (ID70?) cos they can only be programmed once, the remote locking can be 'learned' from the car by a special sequence or maybe fancy scanners/programmers can do that as well.

That said word of warning buying a 'used' key of eBay etc, over the MK1 life span 05-14 there seems to have been varying chip sets for remote locking, so just getting that to work has proved challenging and costly for some owners, I'm speaking from MK1 C1/107 owners experiences, hopefully Aygo key sets were a bit more stable/uniform?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Puglet said:

As I understand it you may need a new immobiliser chip (ID70?) cos they can only be programmed once, the remote locking can be 'learned' from the car by a special sequence or maybe fancy scanners/programmers can do that as well.

That said word of warning buying a 'used' key of eBay etc, over the MK1 life span 05-14 there seems to have been varying chip sets for remote locking, so just getting that to work has proved challenging and costly for some owners, I'm speaking from MK1 C1/107 owners experiences, hopefully Aygo key sets were a bit more stable/uniform?

I see I think the c1 and peugeot 107 almost exactly  the same inside engine so I'm guessing keys be the same too ok ... I just looking for a cheap solution save a few penny's  as I see people selling used key fobs complete on ebay  and the scanner i have does key coding but if the chip can only be written  once then pointless .. ok thank you ll for your answer  to my problem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm no expert, just mentioning experiences with C1/107 owners over the years. You can buy new ID70 chips fairly cheap. Unfortunately it quite common for used C1s/107s/Aygos to only have 1 key, although they did come with 2 keys, we bought ours new so have 2 keys (1 remote locking key and 1 plain key). Lost count number these cars with only 1 key.

Suppose as you have the fancy scanner/programmer you could buy a cheap new ID70 chip and new key case/blade again fairly cheap and if programming works and get blade cut? you at least have a key to start and run the car? If you want the remote locking as well take it from there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

I'm no expert, just mentioning experiences with C1/107 owners over the years. You can buy new ID70 chips fairly cheap. Unfortunately it quite common for used C1s/107s/Aygos to only have 1 key, although they did come with 2 keys, we bought ours new so have 2 keys (1 remote locking key and 1 plain key). Lost count number these cars with only 1 key.

Suppose as you have the fancy scanner/programmer you could buy a cheap new ID70 chip and new key case/blade again fairly cheap and if programming works and get blade cut? you at least have a key to start and run the car? If you want the remote locking as well take it from there. 

Thanks again for your info on this kind regards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

You will not do any damage to the ecu by adding a key, i can see why you want to go to a dealer with a nearly new car and more than likely give you a discount if you got the car from them as £106 is dirt cheap

also yours is a mk2 the op's is a mk1 - less demand for parts, so prices go up and stock dwindles, that's if the parts are not discontinued

Point taken and even without the differences between the Mk1 and Mk2 the cost of the key could be different depending on the type of key.   

I understand your comment regarding the ecu but there are reports of some so say locksmiths fouling up the whole process finishing up with the locking themselves out of the processing mode.  I have no first hand knowledge of such so it might just be a scare story and the reports I saw never related to an Aygo but to more expensive models in the Toyota range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have done many marques over the years, MB is a mare to program followed closely by BMW mainly cars in the 5-20 year old range aka 80% being old junk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I have done many marques over the years, MB is a mare to program followed closely by BMW mainly cars in the 5-20 year old range aka 80% being old junk

Ironic really when some of those cars were so easy to be nicked just because they had smart keys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership