Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio/Navigator/DVD problem.

Springy

Screenshot_20220515-155905_Firefox.thumb.jpg.fa472624ea6ff4af841c6fa8ccce7e98.jpgHi,

2007 Avensis D4D-TR radio with satnav screen.

The radio/nav unit has completely stopped working, so there is no display and no sound from either the radio or the cd player. It will very occasionally switch on, normally now it appears dead but at random times it will let out a loud "thump" through the Speakers. This is turning me into a nervous wreck as it sounds as though something has landed on the roof! Is there a known fix for this? I'm looking at taking the unit out to reset the cconnectors

Many thanks,

Neil.

It's dead - time for a used one or an upgrade

1 hour ago, Springy said:

Screenshot_20220515-155905_Firefox.thumb.jpg.fa472624ea6ff4af841c6fa8ccce7e98.jpgHi,

2007 Avensis D4D-TR radio with satnav screen.

The radio/nav unit has completely stopped working, so there is no display and no sound from either the radio or the cd player. It will very occasionally switch on, normally now it appears dead but at random times it will let out a loud "thump" through the speakers. This is turning me into a nervous wreck as it sounds as though something has landed on the roof! Is there a known fix for this? I'm looking at taking the unit out to reset the cconnectors

Many thanks,

Neil.

There are class android touchscreen headunits that can get for these cars just make sure u get a newer one with dab+  great radios .think pioneer dose really good ones 

• Like 1

There are plenty on eBay

I've got a used one in a cupboard, it works fine apart from sometimes it doesn't start playing the CD immediately. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Fixed now. I watched a YT vid on how to remove the radio, re-plugged all the connectors at the rear and it's working like a good 'un.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, Stivino said:

There are plenty on ebay. 

I've got a used one in a cupboard, it works fine apart from sometimes it doesn't start playing the CD immediately. 

If it fails again Stivino I might be in touch!

Thanks for your replies chaps :-)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Springy said:

Hi All,

Fixed now. I watched a YT vid on how to remove the radio, re-plugged all the connectors at the rear and it's working like a good 'un.

If it fails again Stivino I might be in touch!

Thanks for your replies chaps 🙂

Consideration all the movement and vibration in a car I am not surprised the answer to a fault is often to check the connections.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links