Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof bars?

Bcc212

Hi guys, struggling to use the search to find anything relating to this. 

2022 PHEV - what roof bars? I only need them to carry a bike once in a blue moon, but unsure what style of fitting I need. 

Rails look solid, but have access panels I assume to locking the bars to the rail. 

Cheers

correct, the covers flip out and there is a threaded fixing into the roof.

Anyone know if I can use off brand combinations of feet/fitting kit and bars? ie the in laws have a variety of roof bars, accumulated over the years from different vehicles, but all Thule (or "land rover" branded, but obviously thule-made). With my last car I just bought a set of Thule 'feet' and used their square bars & roofbox. In theory I might occasionally carry a bike, but I specced the removable towbar on the Rav for this reason, so will likely only ever be using for a roofbox for holidays occasionally (and thus aero-type bars etc arent needed). 

Was looking at roofbox.co.uk and cruz seem far better value for my occasional needs, tho there appears very little difference in design of Thule square bars vs cruz square bars, and I'm fairly sure the required length (118cm) is the same as the bars in laws have already got - coukd I just buy the cruz feet and locks for £30, instead of the thule ones (£90+)?

It's quite likely that any brand of square bar will fit but I'd just measure the section of the bars that you have got and give them a call.  I've used them for roof bars and roof boxes in the past and found that they are very helpful over the phone.  I have a pair of WhispBars for my current Land Rover, one of which is the same size as the one specified for the RAV4.  Hopefully, I can just buy the appropriate foot pack but I will call them to confirm when I get closer to delivery.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links