Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5k Petrol Engine - Details Please!

Corollaboy

I have recently came into possession of a 5K - petrol engine and 5-speed gearbox, which I have been reliably informed will transplant into my (currently deceased) TE71 Liftback. I wonder if anyone can tell me what the capacity of this engine would be, and what Toyota models it featured in? This is so I can order oil filters & spark plugs for it (and anything else it may need). Thank you.

Don't know what vehicles the 5K came in, but I have the Toyota manuals for the entire K-series engine, and for most 70s & 80s chassis types. If you need any info from them let me know. They might tell which engines came in which chassis, I'm not sure, I'll look when I'm home again at the weekend.

Aaron.

Hi,

The 5K engine has a displacement of 1486 cc, bore is 80,5 mm, stroke is 73.0 mm.

They came in Liteace-Townace (KM30, KR41, KR42) vans, also some Toyota forklifts use them.

Cheers, Yves.

Thanks you both for your help, any information is gratefully received, I have been assured it will fit my TE71, but I might need to modify the installation quite a bit.

Hi there, I will be going ahead with the engine/gearbox transplant very soon. Can you advise what part numbers the following items would carry; Spark Plugs, Oil Filter? Thank you in advance, Paul.

Hi Paul,

spark plugs are Denso part-number W16EXR-U gapped at 0.8 mm (sorry, I have no idea on Toyota part-numbers for spark plugs, I always get them from Denso, the Toyota ones are Denso's anyway). Oil filter is Toyota part-number 90080-91045.

Cheers, Yves.

Hi guys, thank you so much for your help. This job is becoming a lot more involved than I feared - my biggest problem is the water pump. As expected, the water pump from my 2T unit doesn't swap over, however - the pump I bought from my local motor factor doesn't fit either;(this was for a Toyota LiteAce with a 5K engine). Can either of you supply a diagram of what the water pump for a 5K unit should look like? Thank you once again in advance, Paul.

Tried to post a picture of the pump from the Toyota K-series repair manual, but couldn't. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send it direct to you.

Aaron.

Hello Aaron, tried to e-mail you through the link (but got an error message), my e-mail address is paulsoave1969@hotmail.com ;Thank you once again.

• 3 years later...
Don't know what vehicles the 5K came in, but I have the Toyota manuals for the entire K-series engine, and for most 70s & 80s chassis types. If you need any info from them let me know. They might tell which engines came in which chassis, I'm not sure, I'll look when I'm home again at the weekend.

Aaron.

sir,

do you have a service manual for a toyota 5k engine? I badly need it, especially the wiring diagrams.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Aaron.

hi, i'm driving a ke70 n recently i had port & polish 5k head to plug it into my ke70, i would like to have k series engine repair manual or 4k or 5k engine manual..if anyone have it pls sent it to me.. i'm really looking forward that someone would send it to me.. i really need it...thanks in advance

The 5K is exactly the same as the 1296 cc 4K that was fitted to the early 80's back wheel drive Corolla's except it has a bigger displacement. Find an old Haynes manual for these Corolla's.

I know this as a fact as when I had a 1.3L Corolla I pulled the 4K out and fitted the 5K in. Was a perfect fit in every way.

• 10 years later...

Hi

I am looking for a Toyota 5k petrol engine or just the block if anyone can help

cheers

neil

• 1 year later...

My question is, are all Toyota K series heads the same and will the manifold from a 4K engine fit a 7K engine