Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Rav is now up for sale !!

152bobby

Nice clean car Bobby. I think it's worth the £6000 even with the high mileage 👍

Just curious, why is there no photos of the interior?

I know it is trade in but I was given £11,500 on a 2013 Honda CRV in February, so I would see £6000 as an great price and I would expect it to sell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Old Fart said:

Just curious, why is there no photos of the interior?

Problems logging into my Autotrader account.  They will be there soon 😂

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Problems logging into my Autotrader account.  They will be there soon 😂

😀

Should be there now and I think I already have a buyer....if it's genuine.  Not for the full £6k though !!

2 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I know it is trade in but I was given £11,500 on a 2013 Honda CRV in February, so I would see £6000 as an great price and I would expect it to sell.

Out of interest,can I ask which model CRV you had Hornet ?

And was that a part ex or trade sale or private?

My interest is because I sold a 2012 2.2 idect in April 2020 and was wondering if it would have paid off keeping it for while.

Academic now of course as the ship has sailed.

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Out of interest,can I ask which model CRV you had Hornet ?

And was that a part ex or trade sale or private?

My interest is because I sold a 2012 2.2 idect in April 2020 and was wondering if it would have paid off keeping it for while.

Academic now of course as the ship has sailed.

The CRV in question was a 2 litre SE version, so it have the sun roof, rear camera, parking sensors, heated electric leather seats, privacy glass, cornering headlights.  

I traded it in for a ex demonstration Aygo at the local Toyota dealership trade in price was £11,500 so i had to Pay £495 for the Aygo.

I was sad to see the CRV go, it was a great vehicle to own but our lifestyle had changed over the six or more  years we had it.

P1014814.JPG

P1014816.JPG

Car P2.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thank you Hornet,yesI liked my CRV very much too, very spacious and comfortable.

Like you I had a big change in lifestyle which made the CRV redundant,big deisel, changing to low mileage etc.

From your pictures it looks like mine was the mark before yours, and was ES trim if I remember,no screens just buttons to control which was what I wanted, the parking sensors were handy and the heated seats in winter.

With the current situation I probably cost myself a few grand selling it then, but it went to a relative,so not bothered .

Thanks for the info though as I do like to keep up to date on car values.

Hope you are enjoying your new Aygo.

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Thank you Hornet,yesI liked my CRV very much too, very spacious and comfortable.

Like you I had a big change in lifestyle which made the CRV redundant,big deisel, changing to low mileage etc.

From your pictures it looks like mine was the mark before yours, and was ES trim if I remember,no screens just buttons to control which was what I wanted, the parking sensors were handy and the heated seats in winter.

With the current situation I probably cost myself a few grand selling it then, but it went to a relative,so not bothered .

Thanks for the info though as I do like to keep up to date on car values.

Hope you are enjoying your new Aygo.

I think I am correct that the CRV we had was the top of the range for the year in was made.  Coincidence in one sense as we only arrived at that choice because my wife loved the idea of the sun roof and the colour and found one at a dealership as an approved buy as they had sold it originally.  I do remember the audio system was hard drive based and would auto rip any CD played in it which I thought was a great touch.

The idea behind getting the CRV was the fact we could have our dog in a crate at the back and the in-laws in the back seat, or was it the other way around.  Anyway the idea was that we could all go out together.    It worked well for the first few years but then along came covid and at the end of it we realised that the dog had become much older an we were just not taking him out any more.  I sort of crept up on us as we took the dog crate out in the middle of December last year so we could get a couple of Christmas trees in.  It was was over a breakfast in the middle of February that we realised the dog crate was still in the garage mainly because the dog was a lot older and getting frail, sadly the same was true for the in laws and so the reasons we chose the CRV were no longer valid.  That was on the Wednesday morning and we collected the Aygo on the Friday morning of the same week so a real spur of the moment thing and much of that was because we were surprised at the trade in value of the CRV.

I still miss the CRV very much and the Aygo is obviously very different and I am still getting used to having to keep the revs high while driving it.  On the plus side the MPG is just about double of that of the CRV, a big plus considering where petrol prices have gone since buying the Aygo.  Considering it is so vastly different I am getting to like the Aygo, it is a lot more nippy and parking is much easier.  It certainly is a better fit to our lifestyle but I think I will still miss the CRV for a long time yet.  

6 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I do remember the audio system was hard drive based and would auto rip any CD played in it which I thought was a great touch.

Oh so noughties, but yes a great idea.

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Oh so noughties, but yes a great idea.

Maybe not legal but hey I never found a way to disable it,

1 hour ago, Hornet3D said:

Maybe not legal but hey I never found a way to disable it,

I'm sure it was legal, because it was for personal use. Today, though, only technophobes would want to put a CD into a player to listen to music in the car. I know people, younger than me, that still listen that way.

• Like 1

SOLD...and like my last Rav4 will soon be on its way to South Africa.

FYI...it sold for £5150.  WBAC offered £3k and Carwow advised me to post it for sale to dealers for £3750.

Just goes to show you how much profit these dealers make.  I reckon they would have put it on Autotrader for £6k -£7k.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Just goes to show you how much profit these dealers make.  I reckon they would have put it on Autotrader for £6k -£7k.

True, but I believe that dealers have liability at law, whereas private sellers do not, so they have to carry some risk.

17 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

SOLD...and like my last Rav4 will soon be on its way to South Africa.

FYI...it sold for £5150.  WBAC offered £3k and Carwow advised me to post it for sale to dealers for £3750.

Everything has a price, but that price is no more than people will pay for something. A dealer would need to prep it, put a warranty on it and pay VAT on the sale, it's not all profit. 

34 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Everything has a price, but that price is no more than people will pay for something. A dealer would need to prep it, put a warranty on it and pay VAT on the sale, it's not all profit. 

Ok, I do get what the dealers provide, I am not disagreeing.

However, there was ABSOLUTELY nothing except a fresh wash my Rav4 needed and it would have been put on their forecourt immediately.

I still don't think that marking a car up by 100% is anywhere near a fair deal for someone trading in a great car.

Anyway, we all have our opinions, it's now gone and forgotten 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And here it is, sunning it up with its new life in Tanzania.  Looks like it's went to a good home 🙂

IMG-20220810-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1