Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GR sport information

fourbanks

Can anyone who has the above give me some advice on what the car does have that's of useful information as at this time and going through the manual it seems the model has very little to offer. it's no problem, but might be missing something? i can't get the speed camera to tell me speed camera ahead for example despite the box is ticked. 

Any useful help here is much appreciated. The handbook should really say to what models things are not applicable etc? 

8 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

The handbook should really say to what models things are not applicable etc? 

The issue is that owners manuals are produced for Europe, and model specifications and what each trim level is called, vary from country to country - depending what features the importer (eg Toyota GB, Toyota Germany, etc) wants for their market. For example Germany has the following trim levels - Comfort, Business Edition, Team Deutschland, GR Sport, GR Sport Black Edition, and Lounge (quite different to the UK line up).

So what may be standard for  German GR Sport, may not be standard on a UK GR Sport.

Yeah, you're actually better off looking at the sales brochure for the year of the car as that lists the different trims and what each has. The PDFs are available on the Toyota website, but you need to grab them before they update them as they don't keep old versions, and newer ones are often update when they change the lineup so will become inaccurate.

FWIW with the speed cameras etc you have to make sure the connected services have fully activated on your vehicle before it will work.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The issue is that owners manuals are produced for Europe, and model specifications and what each trim level is called, vary from country to country - depending what features the importer (eg Toyota GB, Toyota Germany, etc) wants for their market. For example Germany has the following trim levels - Comfort, Business Edition, Team Deutschland, GR Sport, GR Sport Black Edition, and Lounge (quite different to the UK line up).

So what may be standard for  German GR Sport, may not be standard on a UK GR Sport.

Thanks much appreciated 🙂 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, you're actually better off looking at the sales brochure for the year of the car as that lists the different trims and what each has. The PDFs are available on the Toyota website, but you need to grab them before they update them as they don't keep old versions, and newer ones are often update when they change the lineup so will become inaccurate.

Thanks for that tip 🙂 

15 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

FWIW with the speed cameras etc you have to make sure the connected services have fully activated on your vehicle before it will work.

Interesting, ill let you know if I get that to work. The dealer did say if unsure just to call back in, but i'll work through it, i'm sure. The knowledge here is way better than any dealer 

Also, iv'e just noticed on my app that it's placing my car at the wrong address down the bottom of my close and i'm at the top 

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Also, iv'e just noticed on my app that it's placing my car at the wrong address down the bottom of my close and i'm at the top 

Mine does that sometimes too. Right now it's telling me my car is parked 2 miles away from my home but it's outside my house (i checked). Seems like it didn't update from when i went out and came home just after 7pm.

You can force the app to update the vehicle location & / or status by opening the app & refreshing the relevant page. 

4 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

You can force the app to update the vehicle location & / or status by opening the app & refreshing the relevant page. 

The car is located correctly on the map just the address is wrong after a refresh. it's not a problem, you just have to remember that there'll be a small error and not worry too much about it:) 

Also, what's the best way to close the bonnet. In the past, my car bonnets have been heavier with the insulation and would just close by letting go from 3 inches. On the GR sport the bonnet is very light so doesn't close by that method

16 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Also, what's the best way to close the bonnet. In the past, my car bonnets have been heavier with the insulation and would just close by letting go from 3 inches. On the GR sport the bonnet is very light so doesn't close by that method

I just came back from my local dealer and sat in Corolla gr sport and love it, I think grabs my attention the most and this beautiful dark blue colour and black roof on the hatchback really suit my taste 👌🚙 I did try to close the bonnet Porsche way and I didn’t work, therefore Toyota way should be, slam it down from 20 -30cm should work best 👍 The car is very nice, and hatchback with 2.0 engine is a killer TS even better but more expensive. Space on rear seats is limited but set with my driver seat seems ok to me, nut most importantly the rear seats lie completely flat , it’s like a small estate 👍

Here some photos. 

3045006A-0286-4D41-8840-79C41CDBA9B1.jpeg

4104FD03-517C-4DBF-809D-510FFED37EA6.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I just came back from my local dealer and sat in Corolla gr sport and love it, I think grabs my attention the most and this beautiful dark blue colour and black roof on the hatchback really suit my taste 👌🚙 I did try to close the bonnet Porsche way and I didn’t work, therefore Toyota way should be, slam it down from 20 -30cm should work best 👍 The car is very nice, and hatchback with 2.0 engine is a killer TS even better but more expensive. Space on rear seats is limited but set with my driver seat seems ok to me, nut most importantly the rear seats lie completely flat , it’s like a small estate 👍

Here some photos. 

3045006A-0286-4D41-8840-79C41CDBA9B1.jpeg

4104FD03-517C-4DBF-809D-510FFED37EA6.jpeg

I find it does close from a 6-inch drop. My previous cars would close from a 3-inch drop owing to the insulation making the bonnet heavier 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

I find it does close from a 6-inch drop. My previous cars would close from a 3-inch drop owing to the insulation making the bonnet heavier 

IIRC the Corolla bonnet is made from aluminium so it will be lighter.

A lot of vehicle manufacturers use aluminium or composite materials for some non structural panels like bonnets / tailgates / front wings & even doors.

42 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I think grabs my attention the most and this beautiful dark blue colour and black roof on the hatchback really suit my taste 👌🚙 

This is what drew me to it too! Although mine will be a TS - I'm hopeful that they follow through with the two tone as stated on the order form, but no deal breaker if not. Still a gorgeous colour in GR trim.

One thing you do get on the TS, but not on the hatch is the rear vents, as seen in your pic, the vents are missing. I believe you only get those on the Excel in the hatch.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

IIRC the Corolla bonnet is made from aluminium so it will be lighter.

A lot of vehicle manufacturers use aluminium or composite materials for some non structural panels like bonnets / tailgates / front wings & even doors.

Thanks.  Aluminium is expensive so that a bonus. i didn't know that 

Here the bonnet and under bonnet in question. 👌

E9F7373D-15DD-404D-B11F-75AC213F141B.jpeg

23 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Here the bonnet and under bonnet in question. 👌

E9F7373D-15DD-404D-B11F-75AC213F141B.jpeg

Looking nice Tony. I'll be well pleased if mine looks the same in 12 years 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Looking nice Tony. I'll be well pleased if mine looks the same in 12 years 

Agreed, I always liked clean cars like new. 🚙

I’ve posted this before but will post it again here.. TS in Obsidian Blue. Lovely! 

• Like 2

Forgot to mention something that was bothering me a lot, the seats. I thought they will not be comfortable as they look sporty , actually they are ultra comfortable. I even tried lowering down back rest for my favourite naps on the way and yes it’s perfectly fine for me. 💺👌

• Like 1

One other thing on the rearview mirror, there is a green light button. What is that when lit? 

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

One other thing on the rearview mirror, there is a green light button. What is that when lit? 

Auto mirror dimming.

Help stops glare from headlights behind you.

The mirror glass will automatically darken when light hits the sensor on the mirror.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Auto mirror dimming.

Help stops glare from headlights behind you.

The mirror glass will automatically darken when light hits the sensor on the mirror.

That’s right and the button enables or disables this function, illuminating green means it’s ON.