Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GR sport information

fourbanks

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s right and the button enables or disables this function, illuminating green means it’s ON. 

It's the old fashioned way of doing it, other vehicle manufacturers removed the on / off button & green status light but Toyota are just keeping it old school 😂

• Like 1

Thanks guys as always most helpful. I know it's all in the car Manuel but with all the various types of models of the corolla of which many of the functions don't apply to my car despite the fact i think the GR sport is on par as being the most expensive you would have thought that model and the Excel would have it all but as in everything Japanese that's never been the case. A long story for another time 

17 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Looking nice Tony. I'll be well pleased if mine looks the same in 12 years 

I think that's the under bonnet of the Corolla 2.0, not the 12 year old Auris.  Interestingly that has the under bonnet mat.

• Like 1

Must admit I'd rather have a button to turn the Rear view dimming ON, as it's really annoying when you're being dazzled but it doesn't activate!

Have had that a couple times, and it left me wistfully pining for a normal rear view mirror with a mechanical flipper! (I think the normal mirrors are not as massive and bulky as the fancy one too...!)

I have a general dislike for automatic systems that don't have overrides as they never get it right all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kental said:

I think that's the under bonnet of the Corolla 2.0, not the 12 year old Auris.  Interestingly that has the under bonnet mat.

Correct .
Here both brand new Corolla at the dealer and a 12 years old Auris (well aged like a single malt whiskey 🥃) both with covers. 😂

4433E675-2699-417D-AB41-FF3D044A5FD1.jpeg

76C6D45A-9896-40FB-A68A-27A67085CD1F.jpeg

At the dealer I looked at places we had been discussed previously like  under doors for less paint and in this particular colour the doors shuts look almost as good as outside, rear hatch hinges are well made and yes indeed there is something like glue or some sort of protection, white stuff on them. Under bonnet and under the spare tyre also painted well for today standards 👍 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Correct .
Here both brand new Corolla at the dealer and a 12 years old Auris (well aged like a single malt whiskey 🥃) both with covers. 😂

4433E675-2699-417D-AB41-FF3D044A5FD1.jpeg

76C6D45A-9896-40FB-A68A-27A67085CD1F.jpeg

At the dealer I looked at places we had been discussed previously like  under doors for less paint and in this particular colour the doors shuts look almost as good as outside, rear hatch hinges are well made and yes indeed there is something like glue or some sort of protection, white stuff on them. Under bonnet and under the spare tyre also painted well for today standards 👍 

i don't get that on the 1.8 which is very mean 

I always thought that was just heat insulation! Does it make that much difference to the sound??

Looking at the under bonnet picture, does it have 2 coolant tanks? I can see 2 pink reservoirs. 

14 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Looking at the under bonnet picture, does it have 2 coolant tanks? I can see 2 pink reservoirs. 

1 for the engine cooling & another 1 for the hybrid inverter cooling.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

1 for the engine cooling & another 1 for the hybrid inverter cooling.

Thanks for that, first time I will own a hybrid 😀

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chuffmonkey said:

Mine does the GR sport 1.8

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

I always thought that was just heat insulation! Does it make that much difference to the sound??

It’s a sound proofing and may retain heat too, like a coat 🧥. Corolla GR four in USA does not have one but instead has two holes for cooling 🏎 . 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Notfer said:

This is what drew me to it too! Although mine will be a TS - I'm hopeful that they follow through with the two tone as stated on the order form, but no deal breaker if not. Still a gorgeous colour in GR trim.

One thing you do get on the TS, but not on the hatch is the rear vents, as seen in your pic, the vents are missing. I believe you only get those on the Excel in the hatch.

Unfortunately your dealer is wrong, we do not get Bi-tone on TS in the UK only HB can have Bi-tone, unless they intend to add a wrap once it is delivered. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Unfortunately your dealer is wrong, we do not get Bi-tone on TS in the UK only HB can have Bi-tone, unless they intend to add a wrap once it is delivered. 

Whilst I know this via the config, I’ve heard a few other people state that this is a dealer only option, so I am hopeful, because the price of the paint on the order form also reflects the bi-tone option.

48 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

See not all dealers are as knowledgeable as you and Kingo!!

On 5/19/2022 at 7:46 PM, Notfer said:

Whilst I know this via the config, I’ve heard a few other people state that this is a dealer only option, so I am hopeful, because the price of the paint on the order form also reflects the bi-tone option.

If I look at the car details part of the My T screen it shows paint code (mine is 40) will that tell you how it will leave the factory?

1 hour ago, Kental said:

If I look at the car details part of the My T screen it shows paint code (mine is 40) will that tell you how it will leave the factory?

I'm not sure - I'd assume so. What colour have you gone for?

18 hours ago, Notfer said:

I'm not sure - I'd assume so. What colour have you gone for?

Mine is solid white.

Although I have my works phone added as an account I travelled to Cornwall without it and although I do not have my own phone added it still picks up speed cameras.

With regards the app - it is a pain in the *****.

It detects me travelling to somewhere - but when i travel back it still claims i'm at the destination.  It also some days does not even register a journey.  This has been happening since Easter - so i have contacted them and they claim it is just out of signal for mobile.  This is NOT right as i have it on my own phone too - and both keep coming up with a load issues for the app... which makes me think the app if currently faulty.

I have again contacted then but since 2 weeks ago now they have not bothered to respond.

How can it work one time then not at all?  Seems flawed in my opinion.

Why do they say signal?  If they tell me mobile then that can't be right as the car must have a GPSD or other system to pick it up, monitor the journey and locked status, etc.  So if not working then it is a signal problem on the car and/or an app fault.

16 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Although I have my works phone added as an account I travelled to Cornwall without it and although I do not have my own phone added it still picks up speed cameras.

With regards the app - it is a pain in the *****.

It detects me travelling to somewhere - but when i travel back it still claims i'm at the destination.  It also some days does not even register a journey.  This has been happening since Easter - so i have contacted them and they claim it is just out of signal for mobile.  This is NOT right as i have it on my own phone too - and both keep coming up with a load issues for the app... which makes me think the app if currently faulty.

I have again contacted then but since 2 weeks ago now they have not bothered to respond.

How can it work one time then not at all?  Seems flawed in my opinion.

Why do they say signal?  If they tell me mobile then that can't be right as the car must have a GPSD or other system to pick it up, monitor the journey and locked status, etc.  So if not working then it is a signal problem on the car and/or an app fault.

I get exactly the same problem with mine and it's very annoying. After i collected my car 5 weeks ago i was told by the dealer that there are some known issues with the app, which Toyota are trying to solve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dee123456 said:

I get exactly the same problem with mine and it's very annoying. After i collected my car 5 weeks ago i was told by the dealer that there are some known issues with the app, which Toyota are trying to solve.

When i travelled to Cornwall back in April - it tracked me to the first Services... then from there it carried on tracking even when i had stopped again (it did not show the 'stop') and then it decided to just stop tracking at Exeter... and when i got to Launceston it still claimed i was in Exeter.

Then the following morning i went to get petrol and it tracked to the station about a mile away... but then not back - showed me still in the petrol station (and stayed like that for 4 days).

Also it keeps logging me out on it's own - which is most annoying.

Since Sunday last week (not yesterday) my car was still claiming a door is open and it is located 6 miles away.  But it is in Toyota down the road looking into a clunking sound from the drivers front suspension at low speeds (yet another issue) and it is located there with doors open, etc.

But don't think it is fixed yet.  I reckon it is a software and GPS system glitch they need fixing.