Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door handle protection film

Starensis

I’m looking to add door handle protection film to my wife’s 2022 Yaris - to prevent scratches from rings etc.

I have them on my C-HR and can honestly say, they’ve saved having some serious scratches looking at the damage on patches.

Had a look on a few Parts sites but cannot find any specific for the Yaris. My question is - would the C-HR patches fit? They’re readily available and cost around £8. 

Door profile under handle is very similar. Anyone fitted any yet?

If you aren't too bothered about appearance (and going to remove it before selling on) just use some clear Gorilla tape or similar.

6 hours ago, MikeSh said:

If you aren't too bothered about appearance (and going to remove it before selling on) just use some clear Gorilla tape or similar.

Good suggestion. We will probably keep the car, so need something a bit more permanent and aesthetically pleasing. Will have a look though. Thanks. 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I applied these to the Aygo, they were easy to apply and to all intense and purposes invisible.  You could measure up so see it these fit.

Luxshield Auto Door Handle Protective film for recessed grips - Set of 5 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Will have a look - thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimChapman said:

I’ve asked my dealer as I’m there on Friday. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just picked these up and fitted them. Wish I’d have read the accessory instructions first! 🥴

Assumed is was a peel off backing ( glue side ), align as best as, smooth out as best as. Turns out, I’ve fitted them in incorrect orientation ( according to model ) and should have lubricated both surfaces prior to fit. Not sure how this works if adhesive is already applied to patch.

Will see if they annoy me over the next few weeks. If so, might rip them off and try again.

• Like 1

Most protection films are applied by using a small amount of soapy water to allow positioning and to assist in removing air bubbles.  For the most part, once they have been allowed to dry they can be removed without leaving any adhesive behind but the film itself becomes distorted and therefore not really re-useable.