Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti car jacking door locks

Llotse

One the 2022 Corolla how do I set the doors to lock automatically and unlock when shifting into park or stopping the cars power? Can’t find it in the manual.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Llotse said:

One the 2022 Corolla how do I set the doors to lock automatically and unlock when shifting into park or stopping the cars power? Can’t find it in the manual.

Thanks

Can't be done on a European Corolla.

The driver has to lock / unlock the doors themselves using the door lock control button.

• Like 1

It can't be user set, which is absolutely nuts.

I'll be honest, I don't know if it's a software setting that can be dealer set,  as I haven't looked into it.

29 minutes ago, frizzbee30 said:

It can't be user set, which is absolutely nuts.

I'll be honest, I don't know if it's a software setting that can be dealer set,  as I haven't looked into it.

The function just isn't available on European Corolla so a Toyota dealer won't be able to do anything.

Can't this me changed using an OBD device? I'm sure I read it on another thread. Ford had a similar thing, where it's not switched on, but can be using ForScan.

13 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Can't this me changed using an OBD device? I'm sure I read it on another thread. Ford had a similar thing, where it's not switched on, but can be using ForScan.

The function just isn't in the software for European Corolla so there is nothing to change.

There are Chinese OBD devices available that stay connected to the port that can lock the doors as you drive away - that's if you wanna trust your vehicle electrical system to some cheap Chinese electronics obtained from the internet.

• Thanks 1

Not exactly what you asked for, but you can set the locks the way that on one remote press only driver's door is unlocked and on second all doors are unlocked. My setting is this way because I drive mostly alone and don't want all doors unlocked.

• Like 2