Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare parts needed - rear wheel moulding

Mike2222

Wife decided the plastic moulding/trim around the drivers side rear wheel arch was optional, and now regrets her decision.

She appears to have caught the plastic segment perfectly, and avoided the metal panels/paintwork, and the alloys also seem to have miraculously survived, so silver linings and all that. However the plastic was pushed off and snapped, leaving the leading edge flapping about. We have a week before due to go on a long journey, so could do with getting repaired sharpish, otherwise it will flap around at speed, I would think. 

It looks a fairly straightforward piece of trim to remove/replace, so if can get it myself at a reasonable cost, I'd give it a go rather than pay dealership rates for a simple job. Any suggestions of where to find a replacement piece of trim? I can't seem to see the right piece on the Toyota official eBay page, but there are a few bits on other eBay sellers. Thanks 

Current production parts are usually to order and not cheap

is it the part on the door or part on the 1/4 panel

edit. what's the part number on the arch (usually moulded into the plastic)

Part on the panel, above the wheel arch. The door appears to have escaped with perhaps a tiny bit of scratching only. It was a wooden fence post at entrance to our drive, but is quite old and slightly rotten, but sturdy enough to catch the leading edge of the rearmost segment

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Current production parts are usually to order and not cheap

I think this is the bit I'm looking for, but a bit worried about colour matching as the part on mine is a more gloss black, whereas this looks more like a matte black...? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324504054571?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=X-xAPZJoQhe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=7E9td-lXQiy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

i only have numbers up to mid 2021

75605-42200-C0

The colour is called Attitude Black or Midnight Black - paint code 218

have a look on the back of the broken part, IIRC the PHEV is different from the standard Rav4

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

i only have numbers up to mid 2021

75605-42200-C0

The colour is called Attitude Black or Midnight Black - paint code 218

have a look on the back of the broken part, IIRC the PHEV is different from the standard Rav4

That's the one! The eBay ones end in 42160, so I assume that explains the difference in colour. There are some American sellers on eBay with the right part code and those ones appear more like the gloss black on mine. 

Do you work for toyota/a dealership then? I'm inferring from your statement that you have access to a lost of parts/part numbers. Any idea what a new one would cost me? Thx

20220517_191416.jpg

Nope, not associated with Toyota in any way, but have access to most info within reason - 2019 onwards cars are hard to get info for unless paying for it (parts listing up to 2021)

try @Parts-King or Toyota parts direct

or even Toyota's eBay shop and drop them a message

all the newer rav4's i have seen for spares or "breaking" are heavy rear end or had the rear driver's side totalled, left handed ones not a problem

• Thanks 1

£97.10 is the cost of that part, I don't do those trim parts on mail order, but you might be able to negotiate a price with your local dealer 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1