Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery air filter

fourbanks

Having watched the car care nut he speaks of a Battery air filter on the back seat somewhere. Is this applicable to the UK corolla and if so where is it

• Like 1

On the auris it's behind a vent facing the door at the side.

• Like 1

I'm sure, without going to look, that it's below the offside rear seat as it meets the door.

@Obsidian Estate is correct. In the manual I have, the location and cleaning instructions start on page 427.

• Like 1

Correct, when going on holidays and the car is full make sure there is nothing to obscure the vent as if the vent gets blocked and restrict air flow you may get yourself into a trouble like the car may even stop and show you hybrid system malfunction messages on the dash. Battery gets warm when travelling on motorway at high speeds , when going downhill and been constantly topped up or when coasting in ev more than usual. Another tip here: because the Battery is conditioned by the cabin air nest to use ac when temperatures are 20C° or more and heating set at least 20-22C° when cold in the winter. 👍 Batteries in general likes room temperature of around 20C° all the time 👌🔋

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

@Obsidian Estate is correct. In the manual I have, the location and cleaning instructions start on page 427.

thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

The Car Care Nut also mentions on the auto 'P' brake too:

In winter switch it off as the brakes can stick.

He's a sound guy for hints, tips and advice.

2 hours ago, Tech429 said:

The Car Care Nut also mentions on the auto 'P' brake too:

In winter switch it off as the brakes can stick.

He's a sound guy for hints, tips and advice.

Remember American winters are much more severe than UK one so not all advice is relevant to us 

Yea, and e.g. for me it's not practical as I am usually parked on a slope, so I'd rather risk the rear brakes getting stuck than the parking pawl being torn off!

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:24 PM, Kental said:

Remember American winters are much more severe than UK one so not all advice is relevant to us 

True... but the Uk can get awfully cold too at times.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:32 PM, Cyker said:

Yea, and e.g. for me it's not practical as I am usually parked on a slope, so I'd rather risk the rear brakes getting stuck than the parking pawl being torn off!

True... if on a drive it is not great to rest on the PP... but if on a road then you can rest on front tyres if you turn into a kerb to park (which the highway code actually recommend just in case the parking brake fails).

Parking brake won’t get stuck, these things are from the past. You can use your handbrake (parking brake auto or not) as much as you like. Back in the days when parking brakes were causing issues was because of the cables get rusty or freeze, now days inner cable is coated in special plastic that does not require lub and can cope with freezing temperatures and moisture. If the brake pads leave a mark this will be polished as soon as you start driving the car. 👌

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, TonyHSD said:

Parking brake won’t get stuck, these things are from the past. You can use your handbrake (parking brake auto or not) as much as you like. Back in the days when parking brakes were causing issues was because of the cables get rusty or freeze, now days inner cable is coated in special plastic that does not require lub and can cope with freezing temperatures and moisture. If the brake pads leave a mark this will be polished as soon as you start driving the car. 👌

But the pads can and do stick to the discs - so best to adjust accordingly as to what you want.

28 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

But the pads can and do stick to the discs - so best to adjust accordingly as to what you want.

Indeed 👍

• Like 1

i don`t know why people worry about things they read, if its never happened to you chances are it will never happen just drive as normal and enjoy the car fretting about things that may never happen is pointless .   

• Like 4

Twintopp, to a point, especially if your pattern never changes - small car daily commute. 

Where you do certain journey profiles rarely, and not even the first time, a wider knowledge can be reassuring:

2 weeks holiday or Covid isolation - 

Fully loaded for holiday in hot weather - 

Running out of fuel - 

Puncture - 

Etc, that last of course is not limited to Hybrids. 

• Like 1