Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you reset Ecu on a Yaris Cross

Zargul

Hi can anyone know where can i  CLEARNESS ECU for toyota yaris cross 71 plat I changed airbags and seatbelts with airbag Team but they couldn't clear the ECU . anyone know better place than airbags team ?

On 1/12/2006 at 8:21 AM, ToTo_17 said:

Do you know why or the reason behind your Engine Management light coming on? :wacko:

It's just the airbags   sign light is on 20220504_202034.thumb.jpg.37437b34eaf7d2281cde7160ea4e4052.jpg

20220504_202030.jpg

20220504_202003.jpg

Split away from a 17 year old topic, and retitled to reflect the relevant model.

• Thanks 1

i take it is a salvage car ?? Do you have any codes stored ? Did they say it couldn't be reset ??

What airbags did you replace ?

What was the damage to the car ?

What's the part number of the srs ecu ?

If airbags or pretensioners have fired you cannot reset the ECU you will have to replace it

• Like 2

Latest cars are pain to get them back on the road after an accident. 

Airbag system checks all airbags via resistance measurement. If one fails this check, the specific airbag needs to be replaced. You cannot legally clear this as you would engine management faults.

14 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

If airbags or pretensioners have fired you cannot reset the ECU you will have to replace it

Technically, you can wipe the EEPROM and reprogram it, if it's a hard stored code aka crash data, there are plenty of companies that offer this service, it is just a case of finding one that has the correct file or has an exchange unit on the shelf

there is nothing illegal about resetting a module or reprogramming it, i have done plenty over the years, it is the same with mileage correction it's perfectly legal

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Technically, you can wipe the EEPROM and reprogram it, if it's a hard stored code aka crash data, there are plenty of companies that offer this service, it is just a case of finding one that has the correct file or has an exchange unit on the shelf

there is nothing illegal about resetting a module or reprogramming it, i have done plenty over the years, it is the same with mileage correction it's perfectly legal

Point I was making is - if airbag light is on, it’s an MOT fail and not easily cleared by pulling a fuse. 👍