Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Toyota Aygo stereo output

Bromchild

Hi folks,

1st time posting here, I have a 2018 Aygo Exclusiv3, not the face-lift newest version. The stereo is the 2 buttoned one with no Car Play or Android Auto. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the standard touchscreen stereo watts per channel output? I've searched and can't seem to find the info, all I can find is related to the JBL edition in regards to power output etc.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place! 

Many thanks 

Eric 

Good question - they are manufactured by Pioneer, with any audio equipment you want to look for the RMS or true power not Max Power (this is the theoretical maximum the IC can output for less than 10 seconds)

don't think i have seen the actual specs, TBH i haven't been looking

Pioneer AVH-7148zc

it will drive 2 way components with an inline crossover and uprated rears

you may want to run a power pack style amp

eg.

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/amplifiers/pioneer-gm-d1004-4-channel-car-amp-with-tvc-concept-and-input-sensor-400w-gm-d1004

OR

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-ktp-445a-head-unit-power-pack-amplifier

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/ktp-445a

To save cutting up the factor wiring, i suggest a connects2 CT10TY01

best upgrade sound wise is sound deadening the doors

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

I was planning on getting some JBL Stadium GTO620 2 way Speakers for the front doors. I believe mine only has Speakers in dash and Speakers in the front doors? I read they need about 25w per channel, obviously ideally ran of an amp but I was wondering if I could just fit the speakers. 

The small amp you've suggested looks great, I'll definitely contemplate that if the standard stereo won't power the JBLs properly. I've got a whole box of sound deadening material actually, so I'd use that too whilst the door cards are off.

For my money i would be looking else where speaker wise and go with 2 way component Speakers - tweeter in the dash and mids/bass in the door - i think this is the factory setup on the later Mk2's

Have a look at the Alpine S series, Focal Auditor or Pioneer TS-D65

I usually go with rainbow Speakers, but they are unobtainium ATM

• Like 1

Okay doke, thanks for the info, much appreciated!!

I still can't seem to find out the output of the standard stereo even after searching the model number, I suppose a small amp is the way forward like you've suggested. Still keen to find out though just out of curiosity!

i would ballpark it a 5-10w RMS per channel

I've got a 15 plate 3Dr C1 that has the same 2 button stereo, mids in the front doors and tweeters in the dash and I found it to sound much better than I expected.

This week I have put Noico sound deadening in the boot, rear panels and front doors but I haven't tested the stereo to see if the door Speakers have improved.

I have been wondering if to purchase an underseat sub from Kenwood, Pioneer or Alpine and then maybe upgrading the fronts to 2 way component set.

I was quite surprised too, does sound better than I expected. Definitely going to do a bit of upgrading though I think, might try the sound deadening 1st though as I'd be doing that anyway, worth a shot! 

I've got an Alpine 8" Active sub in one of my other cars, which I don't really use much so may just fit that in the Aygo instead, its actually very good for what it is. Only thing is it either needs to be connected to rear Speakers or a sub output on and aftermarket stereo, of which the aygo has none. I could just splice it into the front speaker wires before they go through the door shut though I suppose 

The Aygo radio has 4 channels, no issue there, they are just not wired on some cars if you have a look behind the radio you may find the plug tucked down the back/taped to the loom

if not just add a plug

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

sound deadening, my go to is silent coat

2mm is fine for the doors

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/2538/s/silent-coat-door-kit-2mm-sound-deadening-damping-material-matt-8-sheets/category/58/

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The Aygo radio has 4 channels, no issue there, they are just not wired on some cars if you have a look behind the radio you may find the plug tucked down the back/taped to the loom

if not just add a plug

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

sound deadening, my go to is silent coat

2mm is fine for the doors

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/2538/s/silent-coat-door-kit-2mm-sound-deadening-damping-material-matt-8-sheets/category/58/

Perfect, thanks!

I've got a box of sound deadening, not sure of the make, pretty sure it will be decent quality, had it a long time though, will be tucked up in the corner of my workshop (I own/run a detailing company) in the "storage" area, ha! (Boxes on top of boxes on top of car parts for cars I haven't owned in years, on top of more boxes).

Will give me something to do tomorrow 🙂

Ah, a late spring clean like a busman's holiday for a detailer

Indeed 😂

Shiney, shiney Aygo though!

20220507_083423.jpg

20220507_083339.jpg

20220507_082941.jpg

20220507_083055.jpg

20220507_083446.jpg

20220507_083400.jpg

• Like 3

Update!

Found the box of sound deadening, had 16 full sheets left, it was Silent Coat too! Also found some brand new 6.5" Pioneer, 2 way Speakers (these were for my e46 that i never got round to fitting!)......I resisted chopping the factory wiring to fit the Speakers straight away. I have ordered the speaker adapters and also ordered the Pioneer amp that was suggested above.

Worth trying the Speakers I have found for now, if they are no good at least I can get some decent ones hooked up to the amp.

Got the sound deadening in and it alone has already made a big improvement already, great suggestion.

I'll update again once the other stuff has arrived and I've got it all fitted 

• Like 1

Don't quote me on it, but you may need the speaker adapter rings for the door Speakers - CT25TY06

you need to watch the mounting depth tho, i tend to fit Speakers with the window(s) so i know it clears the glass

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Don't quote me on it, but you may need the speaker adapter rings for the door speakers - CT25TY06

you need to watch the mounting depth tho, i tend to fit speakers with the window(s) so i know it clears the glass

The adapters the Speakers came with fit/line up, I actually had the windows up and down several times doing the sound deadening, I didn't when I had the speaker mocked up into place though! I have a funny feeling they might not be all that great but I'll give them a go. Worst case I'll get some components like you suggested as the amp is on its way. 

The tweeters in dash, I take it the speaker cover pops off to expose the tweeter?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the speaker upgrade sorted out! 

Ended up getting Focal AS165 Components, Pioneer GM-D1004 Amp and took my Alpine SWE-815 8" sub out from my other car. Remarkable sound quality and bass now, ridiculously loud too! 

The CT25TY06 do not fit the Focals unfortunately, luckily the ones from the Pioneer Speakers I had fitted perfectly.

Applied sound deadening to the inside of both doors, foam tape between speaker and speaker mount, foam tape between speaker mount and door, cloth tape over all trim clips on the door card too. I used speaker adapters to retain the factory wiring.

Amp wired in via a Toyota ISO connector to retain the factory wiring, got the speaker crossovers in the doors and fitted the tweeters on the upper door trim (this was easier than running wires through the door shuts, meaning connecting the crossovers was much easier and it looks nice too), I didn't want to still use the factory tweeters in dash though. Also speaker wire adapters for the factory tweeters seem hard to come by, as NONE of the Speakers work when the factory tweeters are disconnected (worth remembering) I made brideging cables instead. I had to shave off about 0.5mm off the smallest spade connectors on the bench grinder to make them fit (held connectors with pliers).

Sub power connected via rear speaker wiring on the ISO connector, power taken from permanent live under bonnet (not Battery, I don't like the idea of connecting straight to the battery), earth connected near the front seat belt anchor under the interior trim. Sub remote wire hidden and remote (gain & phase control etc) sits in front of the cup holders neatly in the cubby hole, next to the Amazon Echo Auto, so everything is voice controlled (phone Sat Nav, music player & phone calls etc), I have my phone on a cup holder phone holder.

Sounds absolutely fantastic, absolutely blown away with it to be honest. Fair bit of work but a nice neat install, nothing looks out of place and no factor wires butchered! Very happy, the advice is appreciated 😊 

20220528_163729.jpg

20220528_151945.jpg

20220528_163753.jpg

20220530_130949.jpg

20220530_131005.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice work, and the vocals look quality😉

15 minutes ago, planc said:

Nice work, and the vocals look quality😉

Thanks! Yeah the Focals look great, sound phenomenal too, the amp obviously helps massively with that, Speakers aren't too expensive either, £160 I think I paid, their more expensive options must be immense. The amp is a really nice bit of kit too, again not too expensive either £99!

Glad you're happy with the system, the Aygo is such a small car it doesn't need lots of power the sound deadening really make a noticeable difference no more tin can doors

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Glad you're happy with the system, the Aygo is such a small car it doesn't need lots of power the sound deadening really make a noticeable difference no more tin can doors

Thanks! Yeah I actually did one door as a test with all the standard kit still installed, made a huge difference on its own! 

Thanks again for the advice