Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Heater Actuator Location?

DreamStalker

Hey guys,

Could anyone tell me where the location of the air heater flap motor/actuator is? I believe this is also called the blend door actuator. This is basically a little motor that regulates a flap, it changes its position for cold or hot air. I believe the part number is MF113800-2810PLS. I basically have a 2011 Auris hybrid and the driver side vents don't blow cold air, but the passenger side vents blow it nicely cold. I am going crazy trying to search for a picture or diagram that shows where it is. Anybody has had a similar issue before? I'd be very grateful for any help.

Regards,

Samuel

Similar symptoms to what you describe can also be caused by a low aircon refrigerant charge causing very unequal temperatures to develop across the evaporator.

• Like 1

It's all part of the heater box, is it the actuator or is it the mech/flap

that number is the oem manufactures one

3-4 actuators listed for a RHD hybrid 2011 are

Lower front 87106-12170 (if you have dual zone climate you have 2 of these, one for each side)

upper rear 87106-02140  subbed by 87106-42100

Recirc (outside air intake) - 87106-02160 subbed by 87106-42120 (MF113800-2810PLS)

If you have dual zone i would suspect the RH drivers side actuator also make sure its in normal mode not dual zone when making adjustments

image.thumb.png.55bf88b151739445621a37789d46ac0d.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mooly said:

Similar symptoms to what you describe can also be caused by a low aircon refrigerant charge causing very unequal temperatures to develop across the evaporator.

Thank you, I'm also considering this since I'm not entirely sure I am right.

53 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's all part of the heater box, is it the actuator or is it the mech/flap

that number is the oem manufactures one

3-4 actuators listed for a RHD hybrid 2011 are

Lower front 87106-12170 (if you have dual zone climate you have 2 of these, one for each side)

upper rear 87106-02140  subbed by 87106-42100

Recirc (outside air intake) - 87106-02160 subbed by 87106-42120 (MF113800-2810PLS)

If you have dual zone i would suspect the RH drivers side actuator also make sure its in normal mode not dual zone when making adjustments

image.thumb.png.55bf88b151739445621a37789d46ac0d.png

Thank you so much, where did you even get this from? I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I looked at the drivers footwell to see if it is around there and I saw something similar to the component listed on the diagram you posted with number 87106J, perhaps that means I have dual zone climate? I'm not sure because I didn't see anywhere that it has dual zone. 

I'm also not entirely sure what it may be, I assume that mech/flap component you mention is in charge of changing the airflow depending on the mode you set it in? (I.e to the feet or face) because that works, it's simply that the 2 vents on the driver side don't blow cold air, but the passenger side is all nice and cold when you put the AC on. It also makes a small noise at first, I will see if I can record a video of that. 

You can park the car at quiet place sometimes even in the evening if necessary and play with your hvac system. Set different temperatures, then change the direction of the air flow , then the air intake. When you are doing these changes the car should respond and you can hear the actuators work. If they do then likely to be from low gas in the ac system. 

If you have dual zone, you with have a button with dual written on it if so the actuator will be on the driver's side follow the wires off the top of my head it may be obscured by a duct

information come from the parts catalogue, fat fingers and google to find a cross-reference or visual reference

not sure if i have any reference info on the E15

32 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If you have dual zone, you with have a button with dual written on it if so the actuator will be on the driver's side follow the wires off the top of my head it may be obscured by a duct

information come from the parts catalogue, fat fingers and google to find a cross-reference or visual reference

not sure if i have any reference info on the E15

Thank you anyways. I don't think I have dual zone but I will keep the diagram you sent to check with the scan tool. 

Ok guys so I went and removed a cover that is on the driver's footwell to get a better look and see if I found this motor we've been mentioning and I think I found it, moreover, I saw it move when I was playing with the temp settings, I was switching from LO to HI and also from recirculating to not recirculating, so perhaps that's not the issue. But I also saw those two big white cogs which seem to be covered in grease or something like that, I hope that's not some sort of glue lol. I didn't see them move and I imagine they are supposed to? Does anyone know what they're for? I imagine they also help regulate something related to the air con

I also recorded a short video to show the little noise that comes from the vent that doesn't blow cold air, hopefully you can notice what I mean, not sure if it might have to do with low gas? Air con video

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Ac4.jpg

no scan tool required ignore the DLC3 tester bit if yours has the display it will display the error codes on the display

if you have the 3 large knobs you have manual A/C what is operated by cables

if you have dual zone the will have an AC button in the middle with auto and dual on either side

If you have climate it will have AC in the middle mode at the bottom and auto at the top

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

no scan tool required ignore the DLC3 tester bit if yours has the display it will display the error codes on the display

if you have the 3 large knobs you have manual A/C what is operated by cables

if you have dual zone the will have an AC button in the middle with auto and dual on either side

If you have climate it will have AC in the middle mode at the bottom and auto at the top

It's climate then, mine is just like this:

auris interior.jpg

The bottom motor is the one that controls mode then

87106-12170 (063800-1100PLS)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The bottom motor is the one that controls mode then

87106-12170 (063800-1100PLS)

Thank you so much man, you're a legend. The only thing is that now I'm not entirely sure that the actuator itself might be the issue since I saw it move. I think I should replace those white cogs that are covered in crap, I think the part is this. Regardless, do you know if they're meant to move or more importantly, if they are supposed to have that junk all over them, surely that's not right?

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You can park the car at quiet place sometimes even in the evening if necessary and play with your hvac system. Set different temperatures, then change the direction of the air flow , then the air intake. When you are doing these changes the car should respond and you can hear the actuators work. If they do then likely to be from low gas in the ac system. 

Tony have you ever checked on yours and seen if these white cogs have that grease over them? I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be there, no?

Leave well alone

sometimes the motor can go out of sync - disconnect the 12v Battery for 15-20 mins and let it reset

just a random thought, when was the cabin filter last changed ?

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

Leave well alone

sometimes the motor can go out of sync - disconnect the 12v battery for 15-20 mins and let it reset

I checked it yesterday and it is a crap filter, it was bent a bit on one corner but wasn't too dirty, was going to replace it soon. 

30 minutes ago, DreamStalker said:

Tony have you ever checked on yours and seen if these white cogs have that grease over them? I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be there, no?

Yes it should be, it’s special grease for plastic parts, best not to touch it. I will highly recommend to you to book a ac regas if you haven’t in the last two years. Also change the cabin filter and keep renewing it every 10k miles or 12 months. Do that first and if you still have an issue then look onto those parts. Less you intervene with the car and trying to repair anything that act it’s not broken better for the reliability of your car and less money spend unnecessarily. 👍 

Filter https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173521013506?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CfWbZDI9QQ6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

AC regas place I use: https://www.protyre.co.uk

Good luck 👍

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes it should be, it’s special grease for plastic parts, best not to touch it. I will highly recommend to you to book a ac regas if you haven’t in the last two years. Also change the cabin filter and keep renewing it every 10k miles or 12 months. Do that first and if you still have an issue then look onto those parts. Less you intervene with the car and trying to repair anything that act it’s not broken better for the reliability of your car and less money spend unnecessarily. 👍 

Filter https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173521013506?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CfWbZDI9QQ6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

AC regas place I use: https://www.protyre.co.uk

Good luck 👍

Thanks guys. It could be that. Won't touch anything then. Many thanks for your help. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DreamStalker said:

My one looks exactly the same. 👍

8 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

My one looks exactly the same. 👍

Thanks for checking, hopefully is just the gas needing a recharge then. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, flash22 said:

Leave well alone

sometimes the motor can go out of sync - disconnect the 12v battery for 15-20 mins and let it reset

I have about the same problem. First it wouldn't change temperature and now it sometimes does sometime it doesn't. A new thing is when I start the car I hear a loud tick behind the dashboard. This only happens when the car was off for a longer time.

I now have the 12V Battery loose to see if it magicaly will reset and work proper again.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, my issue with ayris 2014 is that I can't change the air flap position to legs, face etc. As clogs that DreamStalker mentioned are not moving and are split apart (long story how they got damaged but be careful not to drop anything into the went between dashboard and windscreen). My question is, can I replace those clogs and attach them to flaps without removing the whole dashboard? Are they sold as separate parts or I would need to buy whole heater matrix? Thank you very much. First forum I found topic about it.