Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlamp beam adjusters for Yaris Cross?

archezjaime

Does anyone have experience of fitting headlamp beam adjusters for driving in Continental Europe.  Recommendations for the most effective, plus fitting to avoid damaging the headlamp plastic would be appreciated.

I'm afraid I don't. But you would think this could be done in software now with fancy adaptive LED lights which auto-level and adjust brightness according to the driving conditions.

Unless you have the rock bottom spec Yaris, which is the only one that comes with normal halogen bulbs AFAIK, it should have projector LEDs, which don't need beam deflectors as they have a flat beam cut-off pattern that won't dazzle people on the other side of the road.

If it's any help I am currently in the UK with a Spanish Yaris Cross and not having any issues with the headlights. They are very slightly higher at the right hand side but a very flat topped beam otherwise.

Thanks for the replies, that's reassuring.  

If in doubt just lower the beam using the load adjuster. This is for when you are carrying a heavy load in the boot.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:21 PM, Cyker said:

which don't need beam deflectors as they have a flat beam cut-off pattern that won't dazzle people on the other side of the road.

Except when on the brow of a hill when the "dipped projectors" are directly aimed at oncoming traffic.:whistling1:

I was looking at build spec on our new Yaris just before we picked it up and it does state LH dip (RHD) on spec. This is a Design spec with LED headlamps.

8 hours ago, mrpj1 said:

Except when on the brow of a hill when the "dipped projectors" are directly aimed at oncoming traffic.:whistling1:

No.. that will dazzle EVERYBODY! BWAHAHAHAHA ahem I mean yeah that's an issue for all cars alas.