Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Use inductive charger for Samsung phone (Note 10+)

hermesr

Hi, all!

I've recently taken delivery of my Corolla Trek and was surprised to see the inductive charger would not charge my Galaxy Note 10+ (while it worked with the dealer's device of another brand). I enabled fast wireless charging, but this didn't change anything.

Would anyone know a solution other than changing the phone?

Thanks for any help!

Is your phone compliant, did you actually pay for the charger option, if so are you pressing the button to turn the charger on

edit. do you have a case on your phone ? If so, is it wireless charging compatible

Thanks for your response. This is the first time I am using (hoping to use actually) inductive charging. Unfortunately, I am not into compatibility details. I tried with and without the case (charger is on, light illuminated), but it makes no difference.

So it may be the phone is not supported, but I could not find anywhere specs for the charger in the car to confirm.

And yes, I think I added it to my configuration, naively thinking it would work...

Maybe this article will help. In my limited experience wireless charging 'just works'. I have an S10 with a rubber cover and it has always charged when I put it on a wireless charger. That's actually how I've always charged it - I now regard inserting a cable as too much faff 🙂

Thanks for the link. I did not doubt my phone supports wireless charging (though I've never used it), but when I put it in the car, nothing seems to happen. The dealer put his phone, and it showed it was being charged. So I wonder could the Toyota charger be incompatible with a galaxy note 10+? Seems odd if true.

Then in the settings of the phone, it makes no difference if fast wireless charging is enabled or not, so the functionality should at least in theory be enabled...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links