Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Empty door water?

geordiejohn50

Hello I have got a Yaris 67 automatic model and I saw a quick video on the net which all cars have something inside the doors to let water out,on the bottom of mine there is a rubber thing and I tried turning it but nothing,I am frightened to pull it out in case I can't get it back in again,any ideas please? 

Thank you.

What exactly do you mean by inside the door?? Is it actually on the door??. On the bottom of the door??. On the sill?? On the floor of the vehicle??. Is it a normally hinged door??. A photo would help if you can.

2 hours ago, geordiejohn50 said:

all cars have something inside the doors to let water out

Most just have drain holes in the bottom - usually just slits in the seam where the inner stamping meets the outer skin. There's nothing for the user to do.

• Like 1

These are mainly North American cars, you would soon know if you had any water in the doors 95% of cars will free drain unless it has never been washed or sat in a forest most of its life

take anything you see on the internet with a pinch of salt - notice how the water is crystal clear, you would hear it or smell it before it even got that full - TikTok the pinnacle of verified news sources

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/drivers-left-baffled-after-learning-26904121

• Like 1

If the 'plug' you've seen is the one in the picture on the right below the door seal, that isn't a drain plug. Usually the drain holes aren't plugged and are as Mike Sh has said. Could be the drain holes are blocked - so try poking something through the slots to clear them

See the source image

• Like 1

There was a TSB for US built Corollas where water could accumulate inside the door.  The fix is to remove a plug from each door and let it out.  Have a look at 17:30 minutes here.  

• Like 1

I have a drainage holes in each door including the boot. They work fine and I have no water problems. My gf recent car had her boot caps not removed and there was some water locked inside the rear hatch. After removing the black caps the water has drained and no more issues. All cars doors got water inside, some from the rain car wash in addition to the condensation that forms on inside door panels and accumulates water at the bottom. This is also the reason why doors has sound proofing on specific places inside not fully covered and if sound proofing is added needs to be taken into account exactly that and proper material used at correct place. 👍

14 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the 'plug' you've seen is the one in the picture on the right below the door seal, that isn't a drain plug. Usually the drain holes aren't plugged and are as Mike Sh has said. Could be the drain holes are blocked - so try poking something through the slots to clear them

See the source image

I can tell you, installing that butyl strip for service sheet is a right pig. Highly skilled process. 🥴

Thank you everyone.