Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bonnet insulation

fourbanks

Does anyone know if it's possible to put as an extra the bonnet insolation in the 1.8 models. I'm told the insulation is for the 2 litre only 

thanks 

The bonnet is the same.  Kingo will send you the parts.  

42 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to put as an extra the bonnet insolation in the 1.8 models. I'm told the insulation is for the 2 litre only 

thanks 

I have bonnet insulation on my 1.8 HB excel

23 minutes ago, 50p said:

I have bonnet insulation on my 1.8 HB excel

Oh, well, that's another minus for the GR sport despite the price of the car being virtually identical 😞

33 minutes ago, anchorman said:

thanks 

Personally, i think Toyota should have included it in the differences between the models in the compare table. In that way, i would have known what i was getting for my money. Typical Japanese business, thou you can't have everything in anyone model be it a car the old VHS recorders DVD recorders Blu-ray players there's always a bit missing 

Someone on our local forum asked Toyota importer why 1.6 petrol doesn't while 1.8 and 2.0 hybrid do have bonnet insulation and the answer was that 1.6 fulfills noise limits even without the insulation so they don't fit it in this model. 
But I was afraid that the heat from engine will sooner or later cause the paint on the bonnet to peel off, so I bought the one that is for 1.8 hybrid and it fitted without any hassle. Another side affect is that the keeps the engine warmer for longer time in winter.

• Like 1

PS: the plastic attachment screws are sold separately

... and don't pay for the installation, all it takes is to push in 4 crews, no tool needed.

... And you can putt additional sound insulation at the top of the "carpet" if you want more sound deadening.

Is there anything else i need to know what's missing from this car, as i will be taking a buyer with me Saturday to place another order. He unlike myself won't take too kindly to bits missing so may well decline purchasing as a matter of principal 

8 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Is there anything else i need to know what's missing from this car, as i will be taking a buyer with me Saturday to place another order. He unlike myself won't take too kindly to bits missing so may well decline purchasing as a matter of principal 

Technically nothing was missing - if it was required to meet EU / UK vehicle rules then Toyota would have fitted the necessary items / equipment at the factory.

Toyota like all vehicle manufacturers can also change equipment specifications between placing an order & customer receiving there vehicle.

• Like 1

Best thing would to get a look at the exact model in person before ordering if possible. That way everything can be looked at to see what is included or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Whos Kingo? Could you pop a link please. My 1.8 hybrid design doesn't have insulation under the bonnet either 😞

59 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Technically nothing was missing - if it was required to meet EU / UK vehicle rules then Toyota would have fitted the necessary items / equipment at the factory.

Toyota like all vehicle manufacturers can also change equipment specifications between placing an order & customer receiving there vehicle.

50 p above on his excel has the insulation. As you say, Toyota can change spec at will, and in this case have done. i will check with Toyota tomorrow and report back 

The Excel is the top Corolla spec in the UK, that's why it has the bonnet insulation on the 1.8 hybrid version.

The Excel also has the upgraded LED dual beam projector headlamps.

10 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The Excel is the top Corolla spec in the UK, that's why it has the bonnet insulation on the 1.8 hybrid version.

The Excel also has the upgraded LED dual beam projector headlamps.

And yet, the GR sport is more expensive. How does that work out, then, that it's number one? 

47 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

And yet, the GR sport is more expensive. How does that work out, then, that it's number one? 

Toyota pricing policy in the UK is to price as much as the buyer can pay. CHR is a prime example of less practical car with higher price vs rival. Also it is more expensive in the UK compared to other markets. 

17 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Toyota pricing policy in the UK is to price as much as the buyer can pay. CHR is a prime example of less practical car with higher price vs rival. Also it is more expensive in the UK compared to other markets. 

i was meaning in that, how is the Excel better when it's cheaper than the GR sport. Maybe they think those that purchase the GR sport are a bit stupid boy racer type of person and won't know any difference 

12 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

i was meaning in that, how is the Excel better when it's cheaper than the GR sport. Maybe they think those that purchase the GR sport are a bit stupid boy racer type of person and won't know any difference 

You need to ask Toyota UK as they decide on specifications & pricing for the UK market.

You could also ask why blind spot monitoring / rear cross traffic alert isn't available on any UK spec Corolla?

Corolla built in the UK factory but for the European market have it fitted either as standard or available as an optional extra 

Yeah, if you go to another eu country and build Corolla you will be amazed how much more you get for your money and these cars are build here in uk. These lights and insulation are standard on design like specs, higher one has even wireless charging and bunch of other things not to mention the verity of colours, wheels etc 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Not stupid but willing to pay for GR in the specs Toyota is selling. 

The gr sports is beautiful. Will definitely be a good buy for someone who likes the looks and HUD. I might have got one but was too expensive so went for design instead.

3 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Didn't you ask all these questions before you decided to buy this spec? I did exactly this before i made my choice and chose the spec i thought was right for me. Had mine for just over 4 weeks and couldn't be happier.

It seems like you're not very happy even though you've only just collected it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

The gr sports is beautiful. Will definitely be a good buy for someone who likes the looks and HUD. I might have got one but was too expensive so went for design instead.

I got the design too and i love it. The fuel consumption is insane! Even more so when i compare to my previous car. Had it for just over 4 weeks and still find myself making any excuse to go for a drive and just hit 900 miles 😆

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dee123456 said:

Didn't you ask all these questions before you decided to buy this spec? I did exactly this before i made my choice and chose the spec i thought was right for me. Had mine for just over 4 weeks and couldn't be happier.

It seems like you're not very happy even though you've only just collected it.

You make a good point. All i was after was the HUD and that's all. As for the rest of the car to me, they're all the same, so i was stuck. It wasn't a problem i have a good dealer i paid £26000 so that's the bottom line in life you pay less you get less it's a fact of life and always has been. Having said that i still would have liked the bonnet insulation and am sure my dealer will give it to me if asked, nicely but if not will purchase it 

I test drove the GR sport because i remember the HUD, which i didn't like at all. I just found it very distracting and i actually turned it off. Yes, i always tell people "you get what you pay for" No harm in asking for what you want, the worst that can happen is they say no.